Cloud Account For Device Owner: OS 5 Issue

As ‘required’ by WD, I dutifully upgraded my OS 3 MyCloud drive to OS 5. In the process I apparently typo’d my admin email account. As a result, when I access my local Web Configuration Page I am apparently signed out of my cloud account (for the bad email address). The button to “Sign In” only offers the option to sign in with the bad email address. I’ve had multiple email conversations with a WD support rep by the name of ‘kevin S’ without any success.

In this thread on the community.wd formum site (https://community.wd.com/t/how-do-i-delete-an-admin-account-or-change-email-for-mycloud-ex2-ultra-os5/262804) a WDStaff member by the name of @SBrown suggests a System Only Restore to change an email address. I don’t think this is my issue. I believe that I have a bad email connected to my Admin account. I believe this to be true because when I log into my MyCloud app on my iPad/iPhone using the ‘correct/intended’ admin email I don’t see the folders that the Admin account should see.

I need help sorting this out so my correct email address will control all things MyCloud.

Hope this all makes sense.

System restore -aka 40 second reset- is the way to go.

Your data should remain intact.

Thanks for the suggestion @NAS_User. Before I dive into that end of the pool, I want to be sure this is the spot to delete a misguided email address connected to the Admin account.

It does sound like a rather sketchy solution. . . .doesn’t it?