Change email address associated with MyCloud account

Hello.

I have a single drive My Cloud device. I have had it for a few years now, when I registered I set my account email address to my email account. I am now in the process of moving away from this email address and have tried to edit the email address registered to my account, but I am unable to do this online.

Is this a case of having to go through support to get this changed or is there another way of doing this? I have seen suggested a couple of times to do a system only restore to default, I’m not sure this will fix the issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt

If changing the email address for the user account doesn’t work through the My Cloud Dashboard then you may have to contact WD Support and request they change the OS5 MyCloud.com web portal email address.

There may be additional suggestions in other threads that are returned when one uses the forum search feature (magnifying glass icon top right).

https://community.wd.com/search?q=change%20email%20%23os5

1 Like

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.

Hi, I’m in the same situation than mattgodwin, and I would like to change the email address of my My Cloud account.

Is there now a way to do that online or I still need to pass by the WD support (which is pretty annoying) ?

Thank you,
Noé

@Chris.M I also need to change my e-mail address to my My Cloud-account.

@Chris.M Help! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem, I would like to change the email address on the site:

But I can not
Does support need to do this?

Thank you for answering me

it’s urgent