Can't ssh into my cloud - access denied

Hi, I’m trying to set this up. I’ve not done so before. I try to log in with putty using the provided default username of root and password of welc0me and I just get “Access denied”. The dashboard on the my cloud UI says that ssh is turned on. Where do I go from here please?

Are you using the correct IP address for the My Cloud in Putty?

Thanks for the reply. I’ve double checked the IP address from the WD my cloud dashboard and made sure I enter it exactly.

Don’t know what I’ve done but it’s working now.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve double checked the IP address from the WD my cloud dashboard and made sure I enter it exactly.

Hi I am having the same issue. I have enabled ssh and set password. The user has been set up with password and read/write authority. Putty connects and asks for user and accepts. Then asks for password but does not accept and denies access. Any help?
Thanks

What? For the single bay My Cloud units (AFAIK) there is only ONE user name and password for SSH access. It is:
root
welc0me

The My Cloud should, after initial login with the password welc0me ask the root user to change it to a new password.

Thanks buddy
The password was the issue - I had inadvertently changed it in the admin and was not using root. Now solved. Good advice.