Please help me with this primitive SSH access issue

Dear God Please Help.

I’ve enabled SSH access - but no password allows me access.

I have tried the following:

username: root

username: ROOT

username: sshd
username: SSH root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
username: sudo ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
username: ssh root
username: ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

username: ssh -l sshd

username: ssh -l sshd@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

username: admin

password: welc0me

password: root

password: password

password: 12345

password: 123456

I have tried from Kitty, Putty, Debian, OpenSSH, Chrooted, WinSCP, Fedora.

Nothing.

THANK YOU

Current Version WDMyCloud v04.01.00-408 : Core F/W

Last Update Monday, October 27, 2014 8:49:26 PM

From putty:

ssh root@wdmycloud

Default password: welc0me

Thank you for the reply.

Just tried:

ssh root@wdmycloud
ssh root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ssh root

with password ‘welc0me’

Access Denied each time.

This is unbelievable.

Have you changed the password before? If yes you might need to perform a “Factory Restore - SYSTEM ONLY” from the WD Dashboard. You data will remain intact.

No, never.

I read somewhere that that reset only affects the Dashboard UI. If it doesn’t reset the SSH password then I’ll just have to migrate all the data off the drive first and then only the full restore, I suppose.

Thank you.

CharlesRenault wrote:

No, never.

I read somewhere that that reset only affects the Dashboard UI. If it doesn’t reset the SSH password then I’ll just have to migrate all the data off the drive first and then only the full restore, I suppose.

Thank you.

First, have you EVER used SSH before?  In other words, did it ever work for you?

Second, no you don’t have to do a full restore.  A System Only restore does change the SSH configuration back to defaults.

Yes, I have used SSH before. But not on this NAS. I’ve used it to communicate between workstations at time. And to edit remote files.

Alrightl, although the Western Digitial literature is lacking, I suppose the file structiure will stay in tact, the folders won’t be afffected and a reset will do.

I hiope so. Thank you.