Cant log into MyCloud services or change Admin user email

Apologies up front as Im not very techy. I have been trying to sign into and enable mycloud access on my device for a week with no luck. This is a second mycloud ultra on the same home network. When I to sign into my mycloud.com account from the device dashboard, it hangs on “updating”.

My other mycloud ultra – which is the original one – has no such issues. This original mycloud that works is connected to a different eero device, but on the same network.

Photos attached. Help please!

It smells as a database corruption.

@jamesey271975

You are asking about your device in the sub-forum for the 2nd generation WDMYCLOUD.
WDMyCloudImage

Really?

Yes, you indicated you are using a “mycloud ultra”. There is a specific subforum for the My Cloud EX series:

OS5 My Cloud EX Series
https://community.wd.com/c/os5/my-cloud-ex-series/255

Couple of troubleshooting suggestions.
Make sure each My Cloud device has a unique name on the local network.
Make sure each My Cloud is directly connected to the router. Avoid using powerline extenders, mesh nodes, wifi extenders, etc. to connect the My Cloud to the local network.
If you haven’t done so already, give each My Cloud a reserved (or static) IP address using the local network router’s administration interface.
Check the local network configuration to ensure the router isn’t blocking the My Cloud from being able to access the internet. This may include checking things like ad-blocking, assigned DNS server and if network devices are obtaining the correct network time (set correct time zone in Dashboard).
Perform a reboot of the affected My Cloud if you haven’t done so already.
As a last resort one could see if a 40 second pin reset may fix the issue.

How to Pin Reset and System Only Restore My Cloud OS 5 Devices

1 Like

Thanks mate, Ill give those a shot.

40 sec reset worked! thnaks man.