Cannot establish remote access

Sorry, Western Digital…

Tired of spending endless hours trying to get your NAS to work right and consistently.  Moving to where the grass is probably greener, although it may costs more “green.”

Synology Cloud Station:

http://www.amazon.com/Synology-DiskStation-Diskless-Attached-DS213j/dp/B00CRB9CK4

My view: WD MyCloud is a problematic headache that won’t get any better.  Needs much more improvement to be trusted with my priceless data!!!

Ok. So suddenly soon after last post it has been working seamlessly and flawlessly for the past day and a half. I think out of the months I have been fiddling with it, this is the longest straight time it has worked. One more chance…one more glitch and Synology Cloud Station here I come,

Ok. This is it.  I’m done with this.  

So, apparently the remote access FINALLY after months of trying SEEMS to be working ok.  Now, I cannot create a valid safepoint.  I have read some forums (spending MORE time) and no real answers.  I received the following in an email:

Following events are generated on your WDMyCloud .

Event title:There was an error updating your safepoint.

Event description:2 - There was an error updating your safepoint BACKUP_PRIMARY_SEAGATE_1TB on the BACKUP__PRIMARY__1_TB_Seagate share on WDMyCloud.

Severity:warning

Event code:1102

Event time:09-10-2014 02:57:31 PM

Firmware version:04.00.00-607

So, apparently WD MyCloud is NOT a good option for me.  Synology here I come.  Western Digital needs to make a more seemless product that is very similar to Dropbox. No dysfunctional UI, No fireware flaws, No desktop UI that is slow, and most annoying…NO reading for hours and hours and spending DAYS trying to transfer files.  Write speed really is deplorable.  

Hi,

This is happening again! How annoying is this thing. 

It worked fine for about a week, now I’m trying to access it and once again it gives me the same error message as I had originally, and once again nothing has changed as far as settings is concerned. 

Is there a solution to this?