Cannot establish remote access

Hi Kaliuee,

I really dont know what the problem is here… after I posted my issue I came home and logged in using the WD My Cloud Dashboard app and in it I found that my work computer which I had used to remote access the drive was registered twice under my connected devices, so I removed both entries and the next day I was able to log in just fine at work. That was on Friday last week.

Now today I tried to log in again from work thinking my issue was fixed and I got the same freaking message again. Came home and used the Dashboard app and this is what I see

cloud access.jpg

However the internet is fine, I can access the drive fine from my computer via wifi (I have it mapped directly to my computer) and the main page tells me this:

network.jpg

I assume that means that the drive does have internet access, right? I also tested it by sending a notification email from the dashboard app which I received fine. Drive has a solid blue light and the router seems fine (router is a D-Link Dualband Wireless N750 Modem Router) and I have the driver connected to ethernet port 4 in the router. 

In answer to your questions, I have not tried to restart the cloud because I dont trust it, it took me 3 days to transfer my almost 1TB of data into this thing and dont want to lose anything. Also, whenever I am joined to my home network I can access the drive fine from my iphone using the app.

What I am looking into now is this whole port forwarding thing which seems to have helped other people with the same issue I have. I have no knowledge on any of this at all but will follow the directions posted in this community and see how it goes.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#M1130

If there’s anything else that you can tell me that might help I’ll be very grateful.