Cannot connect my cloud on remote access

hello everyone…i have a mycloud with firmware 04.05.00-342
I access with success my cloud, but not on my static ip:ports on another computer.
i have a modem router with 192.168.0.1 and my router fritzbox where is connect my cloud nas with 192.168.1.1 gateway.
the ip of nas is 192.168.1.102.
whic and how ports i open from connect of another position pc with my ipstatic of router:ports?

Have you enabled Cloud Access/Remote Access in the My Cloud Dashboard > Settings? If so what does it indicate for a “connection status”?

If one’s broadband provider is blocking the ports the My Cloud uses in it’s default setting for Cloud Access/Remote Access then one can reconfigure the My Cloud to use alternate ports. One will also have to configure their router for port forwarding if one uses alternate remote access ports on the My Cloud. There is a very general post of how to setup the My Cloud to use alternate ports at the following link. Note one proceeds at their own risk using the manual port option on the My Cloud.

Ok…i have done and i have message:
Connected Port forwarding connection established.
when i connect of remote access with the url:
static ip:4443 i have this message:

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

when i connect of remote access with the url:
static ip:8090 i have this message:
Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /UI on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Why??? i use firefox and chrome

If you are trying to access the My Cloud Dashboard from a local network computer, just use it’s IP address or the My Cloud device’s name (example: http://wdmycloud or http://wdmycloud.local).

If you are trying to access a remote network My Cloud one uses either the MyCloud.com web portal, or insecure FTP (which must be enabled through the My Cloud Dashboard and a port forward route for port 21 setup in the router), or use the OS3 My Cloud app for iOS or Android.

Generally one cannot access the My Cloud Dashboard using the broadband IP address (and port forwarding).

The manual port settings one enabled in the My Cloud Dashboard for Cloud Access is for using WD’s MyCloud.com web portal or using the OS3 My Cloud mobile apps.

good…if i access from a pc into local network into same network, it’s all ok (ip nas and login) all ok.
if i try from my home and insert url
my static ip:8090 or 4443 i have the error.
how i do access from my home?
if i try with mycloud.com all ok, but i want access from dashboard of my home. i hope that i write ok. thanks again

Generally one cannot access the My Cloud Dashboard remotely on single bay/single drive My Cloud units (without using some other third party option like VPN tunneling). See the following WD Knowledgebase Article for more information.

Accessing My Cloud Dashboard from a Remote Location
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2573

Important:

• Remote Dashboard Cloud Access is Not Supported on single bay My Cloud
  • Enabling “Dashboard Cloud Access” will expose your My Cloud dashboard to the internet
  • The My Cloud must be in Port Forward mode
  • Anyone that has your router’s external (internet facing) IP address and correct port of your My Cloud will be able to see your dashboard
  • Please ensure the My Cloud Administrator and all users have a strong password consisting of alphanumerical and special characters
  • This feature is best used when the router supports UPnP

If one is using OS5 (v5.x firmware), see the following WD Knowledge Base article.

My Cloud OS 5: Remote Dashboard Access
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30143

A general WARNING about exposing the My Cloud Dashboard to broadband/remote access. One runs the very serious risk of hackers being able to hack into your My Cloud Dashboard when it is exposed to the internet. If someone gains access they can potentially compromise your data, erase your My Cloud contents or worse potentially trick the My Cloud into installing malware/ransomware. If the My Cloud is compromised it could potentially affect, or depending on the malware infect, all other devices on the same local network as the My Cloud.

ok I understand … only me and no one else have access to mycloud. I would like to access the dashboard remotely from home because it is easier and faster. my system is very secure. I use My Cloud OS 3 …
i have done all that write on link, but i received error that i write up.
why???
you can help me?

You do not have OS5. You indicated in your initial post that your firmware is 04.05.00-342. That means you have a single bay/single drive My Cloud. V4.x firmware is OS3. As previously indicated the single bay/single drive My Cloud does not support remote Dashboard access.

• Remote Dashboard Cloud Access is Not Supported on single bay My Cloud

Edit to add: And no, a v4.x single bay My Cloud cannot be updated or upgraded to OS5 (v5.x firmware).

ok, so i can’t do anything at all ??? I have no hope of doing this. can you confirm???
at this point I delete port forwarding on my router. right?

Officially single bay/single drive My Cloud units do not support remote Dashboard access.

Unofficially one can try setting up a VPN server on the same local network as the My Cloud and use a VPN tunnel to access that remote network My Cloud. Then try to access the My Cloud Dashboard through that VPN tunnel. A properly setup and configured VPN should allow you to access the remote My Cloud as if your computer was on the same local network as the My Cloud. Use your favorite internet search site and search to learn about VPN and how to setup a VPN server.

Yes you can remove any port forward mappings in your router, that you created to access the Dashboard, if you no longer need or use them.

OK BENNOR…THANKS FOR ALL

hello bennor, good evening …
listen, I wanted some advice
I have a nas wd that I used to access with the app and now it doesn’t work anymore.
I opened doors on router to ip nas, but remotely typing my static ip: port I do not access the same. help me? if you need photos, you can do it for me. thank you

ps: i don’t want access on dashboard, but on my files

WD has terminated OS3 My Cloud remote access using the OS3 My Cloud mobile app and MyCloud.com web portal. They have been sending out emails for months warning their customers that remote access was going to be terminated for OS3 devices. They pointed users to the following:

My Cloud OS3 End of Service
https://www.westerndigital.com/support/software/my-cloud-os/os3/os3-eos

Q: Will my device stop working if I can’t upgrade to My Cloud OS 5? Will I lose access to my data?
A: After the services are shut down, you can only access the device on a local network. Access through the My Cloud OS 3 mobile app or web app won’t work. Email notifications won’t be delivered. Devices that had auto-update enabled received a final firmware update that disabled remote access and outbound traffic to cloud services. Now, support has ended and you have to use your local network to access your device.

If you want to regain remote access you will have to setup your own method of remote access. While one can enable FTP within the My Cloud Dashboard, and enable port forwarding of the FTP port within their router to forward to the My Cloud, FTP is not a secure method of remote access. A better method of remote access is to setup a VPN Server on the local network. One can use their favorite internet search engine to find various DIY directions for setting up a VPN server on one’s local network to allow for remote access to devices (including the My Cloud) on that network. Some consumer routers may include a VPN Server (typically OpenVPN) that one can enable. See your router’s information to see if it includes a VPN Server option.

For local network access one can continue to use Windows File Explorer or Mac Finder. Or with mobile devices one can use third party file manager apps for local network access.

If one has an OS3 My Cloud that can be updated to OS5, one should do so to regain remote access capability using the OS5 My Cloud mobile app or the OS5 MyCloud.com web portal.

My Cloud OS 5: Firmware Availability and Supported Devices
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29230

#WDUserRewards

and how which Or with mobile devices one can use third party file manager apps for local network access.

i have a vpn from home to work and work to home, but not access
you help me?

See the app store for your mobile device and search for “file manager” to find a listing a various apps. There are various file manager apps for both iOS and Android. For example on Android I use the very basic Asus File Manager app to access a local network OS3 My Cloud. There are various other file manager apps one can try to find one that suits their needs.

If you are already running a VPN server on your home network then consult that program to see if it will grant access to other local network devices like the My Cloud. If your business setup the VPN for your use, consult with your business to see if they can configure their VPN software to allow for access to your My Cloud. Otherwise search the internet for various articles that explain how to setup a VPN server on one’s home network. Plenty of articles with directions out there.

One could use remote desktop access programs like TeamViewer to access a My Cloud by mapping My Cloud Shares to a local network computer running the TeamViewer application.

#WDUserRewards

but is possible that it’s not possible use a port forwarding with this product? and if i format the disk?

I am not sure what you are asking. Why do you need port forwarding? What application are you using that needs port forwarding to the My Cloud? Why would you want to “format the disk”? What do you hope to gain by formatting the My Cloud hard drive, if it is currently working for local network access?

The OS3 My Cloud app will not work for remote or local access to the My Cloud. It does not matter if you manually setup, or manually reconfigure, the remote access ports in the My Cloud Dashboard. The OS3 My Cloud app still won’t work because it connects to WD and WD has blocked support for the app.

To regain remote access you will have to setup another method of network access that does not use the OS3 My Cloud app. You can enable FTP in the My Cloud Dashboard Settings but that is generally not recommended for remote access because FTP is insecure.

#WDUserRewards

Hi bennor…i have necessity to access my hard drive ti remote access…please if possibile help me? Info my network with ip i access regular on my files, but not remote. I Hope that you help me. If necessary i can save my files and i format. I wait your reply. Thanks and best regards.

I have a sure network and Also vpn

As explained in my previous post, with WD terminating their method of remote access you will have to setup your own method of remote access. Generally this means setting up your own VPN server (or similar) for secure access. There are many available DIY guides you can find if you search the internet. Certain consumer routers (Asus, Linksys, etc.) support being a VPN server, check the information for your router to see if it includes a VPN server option.

If you have found a VPN sever/client system to use, search online for directions on how to set it up to allow local network access to your My Cloud. Normally, for a separate VPN server there is nothing you would do on the My Cloud or the My Cloud Dashboard.

If you do not want to, or are not able to, setup your own method of remote access to your existing OS3 My Cloud device, you will likely have to buy a new network attached storage device or similar device that support remote access either from WD or from other manufacturers (like Synology or QNAP).

ok bennor, i understood that wd has terminated remote access. very kindly can’t you give me help x trying to configure this device for remote access? I can’t configure it to go out on the internet. I also assigned a port on the router in reference to ip Nas, both in http and https, but I can’t. always thanks for your help.

PS: you know alternative app?