Can access my share from mobile app, but not my PC

In my previously-described off, on, and again off saga with my My Cloud device. The current situation, with which I hope some can help, is as follows:

I am running Windows 10 Home version 1909. I have a 3TB My Cloud device.

Currently, File Explorer “sees” the My Cloud as both a media device and as network storage (except that, in the course of writing this post and documenting the results of various actions, the Storage category has disappeared; instead the device appears with mapped shares for Public and Smartware). Double-clicking the media device takes me to a browser window, at a local IP address ending :000, showing something called Twonky Server. Double-clicking WDMyCloud under Storage, when it showed as such, took me to a browser window, at the same local IP address, but ending /UI/, showing a dashboard. The dashboard shows, among other things, that my firmware is update, the available capacity of the device, amount of space devoted to (backed-up) photos and video, etc.

The dashboard also shows previously-created shares (1) with my first name; (2) Public; and (3) Smartware. But I can’t use the dashboard to access any of these shares. FWIS, my profile has Public Access off, and my user access is set to Full Access. Also, the SMB settings are correct, that is, all enabled, and the network type is Private.

Although I can’t access my share from File Explorer, I can access it, and the photos and videos it contains, using the mobile apps on my Google Pixel 3 and iPad.

WD Discovery shows the device. The Configure button takes me to the dashboard. The Browse Network Shares buttons shows Public and Smartware as mapped, and I can access them and their contents by double-clicking. My own share is unmapped.

Trying to map my share In WD Discovery opens a Windows Security window, which requires me to “Enter Network Credentials,” specifically to the device’s IP address. Entering my Microsoft password, used to sign on to the PC if I don’t have a PIN set up, takes me to a Windows Security window, with the message “Connect to [device’s IP address].” The user field is pre-filled with “nobody”. Entering my Microsoft password fails with the following message: “Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared service and try again.”

I also tried GoodSync Explorer. Presumably from when everything seemed to be working, it shows, in the left pane, “smb://WDMyCloud/[my name]/Pictures - Backup”. In the right pane, the Public and Smartware shares appear in black and are accessible. My share, however, is in red, with the following comment: “Access is denied. (error 5); Elevated ListDir: server: The specified server cannot perform the requested operation. (error 58)”

Google has not been my friend in helping me understand these error codes, much less fix the problem.

If you’ve followed along this far, thank you. If you can help me fix my problems and make my My Cloud reliably accessible from my PC, please, please reply.

TIA

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: How to Map Network Drive on Windows for WD My Cloud