Backup done but process doesn't finish

I have a 6TB Ex2 set up for Raid 1. I’m running Smartware Pro 2.4.2 for backup. I have four computers using the software for continuous backup All are running Windows 7. Three of the computers are having no problems maintaining a continuous backup. The fourth has issues. The fourth is an HP Pavillion dv7, running a 1TB hybrid Seagate drive on C:. It has the following issues:

1. The drive doesn’t appear in the Smartware software unless I first select the drive from the NETWORK folder group on my computer drives window. Once the computer recognizes the drive, the drive will show up in the Smartware application.

2. Once the drive appears in the Smartware Home tab, and I select the Backup tab, it shows that all files are backed up and complete. File sizes are the same on the source an target drives. After several seconds the progress indicator starts and goes to the max immediately and stays there, keeps running, and never completes. Running the resource monitor shows that there is major disk and network activity. The computer cooling fan runs constantly and runs hot. There is not a lot of computer CPU being used. The disk lights on the Ex2 and computer are blinking constantly. If I disable the backup, it starts to slow down and eventually the disk activity stops. When I re-enable the backup, the EX2 drive is still there but the progress indicator immediately goes to the max again and the whole process starts again.

Is there a setup issue here? Is this a known problem? Is there a fix or workaround?

Hello Penrose

I personally haven’t seen this case before. 

Have you tried reinstalling the software on the computer?

Make sure that the settings on the other computers are the same as this one. 

Also are your devices setup with static ip’s?

No, I haven’t tried to reinstall the software. I’ll try that next.

One of the other computers (my desktop) has all the installed software (Smartware, My Cloud, Learning Center, Public Share, etc…) All the others just have the Smartware app.

As far as static IPs, I don’t know for sure. I know I didn’t set any IP addresses when I installed the software and did the initial settings for the EX2.

Thanks

OK, I checked the IP settings. IPv4 = DHCP; IPv6=OFF.