AV Essentials Much Outdated AV DB

I’ve installed the AV Essentials version 1.29 which shows a default date of the AV database of November 19, 2019 (over a year ago). I chose to Check Update, the update of the AV DB downloads and now shows Feb 4, 2020. No new updates for viruses in 9 months seems impractical. Many AV programs update their database at least once a day, others once an hour. I’ve concerns on the effectiveness of this software with a 9 month old AV database. Perhaps the WD Staff may have a solution to this scenario.

AV2 AV3 Av4

In addition, after performing all of the above including a fresh install from the App Store, I receive this erroneous prompt moments laterAV5 :

Guess I will ignore this prompt.

@Revup67 thanks for the information.
Whenever a Virus Scan is started, the database is updated to ensure it is always in sync with the latest available virus definition.

I followed your instruction, ran a scan and the AV database still shows a much outdated virus DB with the exact same date of Feb 4, 2020 (please see included image).
Please consider the 100s if not thousands of viruses released since this date. I resell AV software and don’t believe this AV Essentials offers much value with respect to user protection. The AV Essentials Database as to what we are seeing here is 9 months old.

@Revup67 We caught that as well and will be working towards a solution in a future app release.