AntiVirus Essentials virus definition DB last updated in 2014

I’ve just tried to updated the AV Essentials definition files on my PR4100, and although it went through the motions of doing an update, the datestamp of the DB remains Thursday, 18 September, 2014 12:22:00

Any ideas if there is a newer definition file available?

Try to check after the power cycle or reboot of device, then access dashboard to check for the update details of AV Essentials.

The update date shown in my DL2100 dashboard shows a date of late May (a month ago). You need to go into Configure of the A-V app and click ON “Update Virus Database Before Scanning”, and that works for me.

Thanks @asp73 and @mike27oct - I can’t say whether the reboot or the “Update Before Scanning” is what fixed it, but I didn’t touch the NAS since running the AV Update last week and this morning my NAS did it’s first scan before which I see it rebooted. Not entirely sure yet why it rebooted, but anyway, checking it now I can see that the AV datestamp is for this morning.

Thanks!

I think it was “Update Before Scanning” that fixed it. It should have been ON from the beginning.

Thanks, it was set from the beginning, but as the reboot happened just before the update started, and then the update ran before the scan, I can;t say what the fix was. Glad it’s working though, thanks!