ASUS AiCloud app access WD My Cloud 3TB

Hello guys
Before i was plug a WD MyPassport 2.5" to my ASUS router USB port
and turn on the router DDNS , Cloud Access function, and use ASUS AiCloud app is easy to access the WD MyPassport

but the WD My Cloud app have problem, read here
https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-app-display-missing-last-file-in-a-folder/205637

so can i use ASUS AiCloud app to access WD My Cloud 3TB
all the needed info for use ASUS AiCloud app is:
DDNS (i can enable in router)
User Name
User Password
HTTP or HTTPS port (allow change)

so the AiCloud app is very easy setup and 2 reason why i like use AiCloud app instead of WD My Cloud app

1. Default location (after you open the AiCloud app, direct open the default location)
  2. Favorites (you can add any folder or sub-folder to Favorites)
    for example add the “Public\Share Video\TV\TV Show\Season 1” to Favorites
    u can access “Season 1” in 1 click, because Favorites is set to Default

so if WD My Cloud app fixed the missing file problem and include this two AiCloud app useful function would be prefect
can anyone teach me how to use AiCloud app access WD My Cloud device
Thx

Hello,

I have never tried this. Let’s see if a user who has experience with the ASUS AiCloud application can comment on this.

I have used AiCloud for five years or so, and during that time the past few AiCloud updates have ruined the iOS app. I used to be able to access two drives connected to my WDTV that are shared on the network. That stopped working after an update about three years ago. And it has been over a year or two since the last update, ad that updated then prevented me from accessing my My Cloud NAS.

I used to be able to access these drives and NAS at home and remotely, but no more. The only drive I can access either way is the drive I have connected to the router, and this week I shared a drive to my PC, and that worked fine, but only when PC is on!

OK, this above describes the case with iOS devices only. I also have a Kindle tablet that runs Android OS, the the AiCloud app for it runs fine! I can access the two drives on the WDTV, the my Cloud NAS, and anything else I try. But, I prefer the iPad for videos, and that is the big issue for me. I even contacted Asus support a couple of years ago, and in the final analysis they listened, but they were clueless, and no one followed up with me. Bottom line is Asus doesn’t really car e that the iOS app is broken.

So, give the app a try for your my Cloud;especially if you use Android devices., but believe me, WD is not responsible to make this Asus app work; the problems all are with Asus.

hmm,
my mom interest TV Show and Cooking only
my dad interest TV Show and Movies only
and me interest Movies and Music only
so in each person Android device, the AiCloud app Favorites is not the same
i teach my mom to use WD My Cloud app, she say very hard to use, how to from Cooking folder switch to TV Show folder lol
i say need to go back the Cloud device and keep clicking the sub-folder till you saw that TV Show folder
so she ask me why don’t just use AiCloud, because it is very easy to use

now no USB HDD pluged to my ASUS router, so disabled all the function about the USB Application

also turned off AiCloud

i am not very good for networking, i try to understanding how to let the AiCloud access WD My Cloud.
AiCloud app setup DDNS and change port to 5555 → ASUS DNS server → my router WAN IP port 5555
since i disabled all the function about the USB HDD in the router
so how to let the router know WAN port 5555 is point to My Cloud device? Port Forwarding ?
i saw there 2 location about the port settings in My Cloud Dashboard, i don’t know what is that:
settings → general → Cloud Access → Cloud Service
settings → network → Port Forwarding

and how the My Cloud device know the user name and password typed in AiCloud app is correct ?
ok now i am very confuse LOL

In AiCloud screen (for best operation) turn on Smart Access.

In USB Application screen turn on Enable Share.

OMG very cool, Thank you mike27oct
this solved all my problems
AiCloud display all the files correctly in My Cloud device, no missing files

a few more question

even no USB HDD pluged in to router, do i still need to add the User account in the router ?
and this User account name and password need to same as My Cloud device?

LOL My Cloud device store the user info into database or partition
LOL i only input the user name and password into AiCloud, how My Cloud device so smart know all the permission of this user

AiCloud via DDNS connect to my router, how to show the WD My Cloud device only
because i dont want my mom accident delete my files in My PC and VMware Guest
because i want create some account for my other country friends to watch the local TV show

Glad my suggestions helped you get going. Since I do not have time to tutor you on the operation of this app, I can tell you there is help in the app; just go into Settings and click on FAQs. For further help, check at the Asus Support website.