[APP] pyLoad v0.4.9 for firmware V4+ (11/2014)

Live Counter

Note: Can’t see live counter image above? Try again later as my WDMyCloud is offline!

This is pyLoad v0.4.9 for firmware V4+ successfully built with 64K page size memory patch. For setups and details, refer to http://pyload.org/.

For those interested on how to build from the source, refer to this  thread. It may help others to continue supporting the 64K page size memory for other packages. Below are my simplified instructions on how to get it installed on the V4 firmware (will not work on older firmwares).

AND I have also made an online generic 64K page size memory package installer to simplify the installations of Debian packages on WDMyCloud. This will not work on older version 3 WD firmwares and I’m not planning to support it either as I’m sticking with the V4 firmwares. Based on dynamic server-side FastCGI, perl and shell scripts, I’ll be using this method for newer guides from now onwards. Feel free to parse the script codes. All bug reports, opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

The Generic Online Installer:

1) Auto download of required debs including its dependencies if any.

2) Debs installation in the required order to prevent dependency issues.

3) Auto run custom configurations if any.

If you proceed further, you are fully aware of the usual WD’s _warranty void _clauses including disclaimer from any damages that may resulted from this guide.

• Enable SSH on your NAS from the WD DashBoard settings if not done so. SSH to your NAS port 22 using i.e. putty root@wdmycloud.

• To proceed with the installation, first you need to get the username and password from me. The credentials will expire hourly e.g. “1AM,2AM,3AM…” to prevent intentional abuse on my network resources. Click on the link below to get the credentials :

WDMyCloud | TeaNazaR.com

• After obtaining the credentials, just copy & paste into the SSH terminal session of your WDMyCloud:

export NAZAR78_USER=user; export NAZAR78_PASS=pass; export NAZAR78_KEYS=keys;

• Then run the online installer on your WDMyCloud copy & paste as below, follow the instructions and enjoy (-:

curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?pyload-cli_0.4.9|sh;

For quick backup and restore when WD release newer firmware update:

• Before updating firmware:
    tar zcf /shares/Public/pyload.tar.gz ~/.pyload;

• After updating firmware:
    tar xf /shares/Public/pyload.tar.gz -C /;

• Run the online installer again. Your settings will be preserved and you may then remove the tar backup.

Online Installer change log:

[20141118] Printing of package size during install.- Check and warn available rootfs space before installing.- Changed tmp path to allocate larger than 100Mb installs.
[20160112] Added UnRAR v5.30 support.
8 Likes

This will be a welcome addition for interested Users.

Trancer wrote:

This will be a welcome addition for interested Users.

Glad to share with the community :smiley:

Hi guys,

I need testers before I release to the forum. This is my 1st time using pyLoad and note the install is quite large, about 150mb of debs. Those on v4 firmware (only v4 won’t work on v3), experienced with pyLoad and interested to test, please pm me…

That is great.

I will be waiting for the installer thank you.

Hi all,

pyLoad v0.4.9 now released to the community… note it’s a large 133MB installations. Have mercy on my WDMyCloud (-:

## System Check ##
Python Version: OK
pycurl: OK
sqlite3: OK

pycrypto: OK
py-OpenSSL: OK

py-imaging: OK
tesseract: OK

PyQt4: missing <- This is normal!

jinja2: OK
beaker: OK
JS engine: OK <- The largest package!

Hi, I have tried the installer 3-4 times, I am always getting an error:

Checking resources…

Downloading → pyload-cli-v0.4.9…

100%[======================================>] 23          --.-K/s   in 0s      

Installing required files by dependencies…

Error-1 : Unable to locate required installation files!

Note: I am currently on v04.00.00-607

I installed. Everything is ok but can not access webGUI: http://WDMyCloud:8200

1 Like

@jsaade,

Please try again after waiting awhile, shoud be network lag that the download couldn’t finish.

@nad238

Sorry I was sleepy while configuring the script (wrong copy&paste :confounded:)… port 8200 is for minidlna, should be http://WDMyCloud:8000 default for pyLoad…

1 Like

How to access or visible or change download folder  /root/.pyload/Downloads?

Thank you!

@nad238

When you first install, it will ask for the download location… if you missed that, you still can change from the webGUI  http://wdmycloud:8000/

I can’t see my default download folder ( /root/.pyload/Downloads)

When I install, the system checking available rootfs space…

Partition : 1922.20MBytes
        Available : 442.41MBytes
        Required  : 132.52MBytes

Warning! Rootfs usage above 75%!

How to access, delete folders in rootfs?

And how to uninstall Pyload?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thank you!

Have you ever installed anything other than from my guides? I have lots of packages installed and I’m still at 70%. Although it’s still ok (it’s just to remind you), your rootfs partition is above 75%.

I don’t recommend you deleting or messing with the rootfs files and folders if you’re unsure or you might brick it.

To uninstall, you need to manually remove the packages you see during the install ie. dpkg -r packagename (without the version and extension).

To change your download folder, login to the webGUI http://wdmycloud:8000 and change from the screenshot below:

I have been retrying for a while now but I am not getting any user or password from your server:

The result after entering the captcha is always empty.

export NAZAR78_USER=;
export NAZAR78_PASS=;

Hello,

unfortunately I must confess that my english is very bad, but I would love to get to run pyLoad. maybe I can have someone here to help and translate this manual into German. The google translator does not help here unfortunately.

Greeting Quellenfeuer

jsaade wrote:

I have been retrying for a while now but I am not getting any user or password from your server:

The result after entering the captcha is always empty.

export NAZAR78_USER=;
export NAZAR78_PASS=;

Sorry I did some changes last night to the perl installer script but forgot the implement the same change on the php side, duh! Captcha fixed!

Quellenfeuer wrote:

Hello,

unfortunately I must confess that my english is very bad, but I would love to get to run pyLoad. maybe I can have someone here to help and translate this manual into German. The google translator does not help here unfortunately.

Greeting Quellenfeuer

Hallo Quellenfeuer,

I don’t speak German but the simplified steps are Google translated as below (I hope it’s correct :dizzy_face:):

1. Holen Sie sich die Anmeldeinformationen von dieser Website  http://nazar.bagus.org/wdmycloud und Einfügen in die WDMyCloud SSH:

export NAZAR78_USER=???;export NAZAR78_PASS=???;

2. Führen Sie diesen Befehl in WDMyCloud SSH und folgen Sie den Anweisungen zur Installation:

curl nazar.bagus.org/installer.fcgi?pyload-cli-v0.4.9|sh;

3. Konfigurieren Sie einfach alle als Standard mit Ausnahme von “Benutzername, Passwort und Download-Verzeichnisse”, dann durchsuchen Sie die WEBGUI:

http://wdmycloud:8000

Hi Nazar,

first thanks for the reply
but unfortunately I have a problem with the SSH application.

I open putty and connect with the cloud, so far so good When is the username and password rid of the problem

as I have SSH enabled it told me my username is sshd and password I have forgiven myself,

the application also works, but I have read everywhere something of root -welc0me and thus is unfortunately no registration possible.

If I make the application with user sshd comes at point two, unfortunately, only an error message.

Perhaps I can have someone here to help.

Greeting source fire

You need to sort out the ssh issue first. 

Try the german forum for help.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-Deutsches-Forum/ct-p/de_forum

Hi Nazar, apparently I am unable to get the package from your server, the connection always breaks.

I get an error message after 5 seconds ofstarting the download:

Downloading → pyload-cli-v0.4.9 (138,956,860Bytes)…

Error-8 : Unable to retrieve required files! Server issued an error response.

Is there any possiblity that you could upload this deb file somewhere else?

I have a small host that I can PM you access.

Thanks