[APP] pyLoad v0.4.9 for firmware V4+ (11/2014)

Hi jsaade,

The package needs the script for proper installation so it couldn’t be saved elsewhere.

5 secs after starting the download and you get the error means your connection lags to my nas.

Which continent are you in? I’ve seen pyLoad downloads from Poland, US-LA, China and Vietnam.

I just tested downloading from a private host in US-GA, I’m in Asia and its working fine.

Checking resources...
Downloading -> pyload-cli-v0.4.9 (138,956,860Bytes)...
100%[======================================>] 138,956,860 1014K/s in 2m 15s

Note I’ve earlier limited the bandwidth on my WDMyCloud to 1MB/s for each download.

I m in Lebanon, as you are located in Asia, the connection should not lag that much.

I’m in the GMT+8 zone, it’s 1518hrs here now. Let me know exactly when you want to try to install I’ll temporary disable the limit to full 300mbps see if it helps…

Not sure how that would work as i am GMT+2 , so when I am home it would be around 1am your time.

If you are not available now, I will check in the early morning.

jsaade wrote:

Not sure how that would work as i am GMT+2 , so when I am home it would be around 1am your time.

You may try now. Note you need to click the link on this forum at the 1st post to generate the captcha and get the user/pass.

Nazar78 wrote:

jsaade wrote:

You may try now. Note you need to click the link on this forum at the 1st post to generate the captcha and get the user/pass.

tcp6 0 163200 192.168.1.18:80 5.139.*.*:45836 ESTABLISHED 6340/apache2

Is that you? Nope that’s from Russia or you’re using vpn or proxy?. I’ll leave it on for the next few hours then revert the limit.

Thanks but I am still getting the same error, I do not even see a download progress:

Checking resources…

Downloading → pyload-cli-v0.4.9 (138,956,860Bytes)…

Error-8 : Unable to retrieve required files! Server issued an error response.

Is there any other way to run the installer? like from another server (not from your WD)? or maybe download the required files from a link then continue the installations?

If you have issues with the installer running on my WD, you’ll have the same issues with the installer running on any server.

What is your IP subnet (Google “what is my ip” don’t post your full IP, just 255.255.255.x)? May be I can tweak the script a little to accommodate your situation. I don’t see any IPs coming from Lebanon.

PS: I’m off for a week vacation and there’ll be limited internet access.

So finally got it working! Thanks. I used another connection, i had 1MB/s download although the connection kept dropping so i retried several times.

Btw how do you set pyload to launch on startup?

It’s already setup to launch at boot via init.d.

Thank you for your guide.

Works like a charm!

Could you please renew the link of unrar patched for V4 firmware 64K page size memory,that you posted is this thread?

Thank you!

I’ll setup the installer for miscellaneous tools like unrar soon. On a week vacation now :wink:

Ok thank you!

Enjoy your vacation!

It does not seem to launch at boot for me.

I need to run the following command via SSH after every reboot. (reboot of the wdmycloud, not pyload restart)

/etc/init.d/pyload start

salapis wrote:

It does not seem to launch at boot for me.

I need to run the following command via SSH after every reboot. (reboot of the wdmycloud, not pyload restart)

/etc/init.d/pyload start

Can you check the logs? Or try to enable the startup service?

update-rc.d pyload defaults

A dirty workaround is to startup from crontab. Edit your crontab with:

crontab -e

Then add a new line:

@reboot /etc/init.d/pyload start

Enabling the startup service using your command did the trick, thank you!

how i can uninstall this app?? (step by step)

don’t work for me.

i preffer transmission :smiley:

Transmission is a torrent application. Different from pyLoad. To uninstall just run below. If you want to remove all its dependencies, just change the package name.

dpkg -r pyload-cli;

Could someone explain how pyload can extract downloaded files automatically?

@Ironcurtain

I don’t use this as much. It should be one of the plugins. Please refer to http://pyload.org for details.