Admin password after paper clip reset?

@SectorGZ, yes I had to do a full reset after I panic the next day after I upgraded the firmware, when the device went through a initialization that was very lengthy. :frowning:

However I had no problems signing on as Admin with a blank password; I just clicked on Login and it got me into the panels. The first time when I set up my Cloud, I didn’t bother signing into WD system, but this time I followed the creating account panels and Admin got renamed to my username at WD. So now I don’t have admin.

I left all my shares as public at the moment as I haven’t had time to fix the bug with the double tabs, nor do I want to go through the initialization feature again.

@ Ralphael,

Thanks for the response :slight_smile: I am not touching any shares or user accounts until this “double space” is fixed and I HOPE WD is doing so in the next firmware update. Many of us have previous accounts setup (Users and Share with Double Tabs) and I certainly do not want to Brick the system at this point, because it is working, I just can not edit any user accounts or shares :frowning:

I have only done a “Factory Restore” once before on firmware 156 and that took 24 hours on my 3TB My Cloud. Although you lose all your data it did seem to fix many issues. Now that I have a working “Safepoint” I’m afraid to do a full reset again as I am not sure if it will recognize that “Safepoint” again with the “Double Space” firmware bug or am I creating a bigger mess when they fix this issue.

I have not heard a word from WD nor seen any threads stating they are going to fix this issue. :frowning:

What’s the exact procedure for the “40 second reset” and please tell me I won’t lose my data.  

Ever since Lion and especially Mavericks, my two WD NAS drives have been spotty performers.  I get all these “connection failed” messages and I can’t work in Photoshop CS4 any longer and use open/save/close functions.  

I bought these drives because I need network storage handy for large projects where I need to get at various files from a client’s previous jobs.  It is totally tedious to have to copy tons of files to my old Fantom 1TB USB drive, work on the files and then copy the revised files back to the WD drive.

Mike

DrGrafix wrote:

What’s the exact procedure for the “40 second reset” and please tell me I won’t lose my data.  

Mike

The Manual states:

Resetting with Power Off
At the same time as you plug power into the WD My Cloud device, press the Reset button
and hold for about 40 seconds. The device undergoes a system restore and powers on.

Resetting with Power On

If you have set a password or a static IP address on the WD My Cloud dashboard and have
forgotten it, pressing the reset button while the device is powered up resets the password to
the default value of none and to default IP settings. The default IP setting is DHCP. Resetting
does not erase your files.

System Restore

Changes all settings back to the factory default values, makes private shares
public, and returns the administrator password to none. Your content remains untouched
and intact.

@ Andy16,

Have you checked if you had CAPS lock on when you put the password in. Or accidentally pressed the CAPS lock will putting in the password like for example pASSWORD or PasSWOrD etc etc. Try some combinations and see if there is anything that might have happened that way. :wink:

Hi,

Same is happening to me.

There was a notice of not mounting all shares, so I decided to reset Only System option. Than it asks for a password. Just before this screen show a msg status: “trying to authenticate”.

I haven`t change the password. But I have tried all possible one in all possible way…

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Did you try to leave the password blank?

It worked for me after I  REMOVED THE NETWORK CABLE   

OK - that worked.

i have the same issue.  i CAN NOT access my dashboard and will not allow me to log in with a blank password at admin screen. the “OK” button to sign in is not active so i cant move to next screen and have to something in to the password field before i can press “OK”.  i tried the 4 second reset but nothing happened.  trying to go thru set up again but asks for password??

any help would be appreciated as this is annoying. 

Also can some please confirm if i am going to lose my data if do reset?