Added a user and now can't see my files in Windows

I’ve been happily using my My Cloud 4TB NAS for a couple of years with my PC running Windows 7.

I recently got a MacBook Pro and couldn’t get TimeMachine to authenticate without adding a user with a password, as it didn’t seem to like “admin” with no password.

After adding the user and getting TM working, I rebooted my PC the next day.

I had to re-authenticate, and admin (no PW) didn’t work.

The username/password combination I had setup for TM did work, but unfortunately I couldn’t see any of my files.

I can see the files in the WD My Cloud application, I can see the drive full of files in the web interface, and I can see the files with “ls -l” in SSH.

However, when I look at them in SSH, the output looks like this:

-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody share 21227 Apr 28 2016 010995f64aff1
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody share 14544 Jan 3 2016 016c9cff53f9c

I’m guessing that 3rd column is the file owner, which likely has something to do with the fact that I can’t see any of the files in Windows.

I’ve already tried the 40 second reset which got me to this point, and I’m wondering what else I have to do in order to be able to view the files in Windows like I have been for years. I also tried a firmware upgrade as well, with no effect.

Can anyone help?

EDIT:

I’m able to see the Time Machine files in Windows.
It doesn’t seem to matter if I use the mapped drive or I browse to them via Start + Run + \ipaddress

Nobody has any ideas on this?

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en