access from the local network

hello everyone, with windows 10 or windows 11 I can’t access MyCloudHomeDuo from the local network, it doesn’t appear on the network but I’m via the internet and on my computer, the WD Discovery application detects it correctly, the dashboard doesn’t, the NAS is connected correctly to the router.

This is infrequently or not at all mentioned in these MCH subforums, but is a frequent cause of not being able to access MCH from the desktops of newly installed Windows 10 and Windows 11 systems.

Resolution

Configure your third-party SMB server device to require a username and password for SMB connections. If your device allows guest access, any device or person on your network can read or copy all of your shared data without any audit trail or credentials.

If you can’t configure your third-party device to be secure, you can enable insecure guest access with the following Group Policy settings:

1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) on your Windows device.
  2. In the console tree, select Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Network > Lanman Workstation.
  3. For the setting, right-click Enable insecure guest logons and select Edit.
  4. Select Enabled > OK.