My Cloud Home Duo cannot be accessed through Microsoft File Explorer under Network

With Windows 10, 64 bit OS, latest patches installed…
I have enabled Local network access in My Cloud Home Duo Dashboard: with a local username and local password set.

Under Network in Microsoft File Explorer, I see my device: MYCLOUD-XXXXXX
To open this directory, in the Enter your credentials to connect to: MYCLOUD-XXXXXX,
I have to use admin / admin as the user / password (under Use a different account).
I am then able to see the following folders:

• local username
  • Public
  • TimeMachineBackup

When I double-click local username, I always get an error:

• Wrong password
  • Multiple connections to the same device
    Access to Public is problem free. But the files I need on the NAS are not in public…

I have tried without success:

• Mapping directly to \MYCLOUD-XXXXXX\local username using command prompt. Having previously cleared all existing network mappings.
  • Adding / removing credentials.
  • Enabling / disabling SMB1 feature support.
  • Check that all required networking services are set to automatically start.
  • That the Windows PC’s networking group is WORKGROUP and the router’s workgroup is also WORKGROUP
  • Rebooting between changes for good measure.

It seems the root MYCLOUD-XXXXXX access is looking for admin / admin credentials, while access to the MYCLOUD-XXXXXX\local username is looking for the local username and local password.
And Windows seems to only allows a single password / credential for a network path.
What is the trick to make this work?
Thanks!

Hi @KJ_68794254 ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Yes

Cannot locally access private files through network share (samba) [Incident: 230801-001341]
The link provided did not resolve my issue…

Thanks for your call that I missed - please call again…

Hello Harry P,
Did you get the logs I sent in?
Thanks,
Kevin

I have the same Problem, but it must be a windows Problem. I have two other Computer, and they work. Only one Computer have no access.

I deleted the saved password but it dosen´t work.
Vorgang #: 230802-000473

Yes it is the same for me. I have another Windows 10 PC and it can connect no problem to the My Cloud Home Duo. That other W10 PC can also see the problematic PC on the network, but the problematic PC cannot see the other PC…

I have not found a fix for why the PC cannot see its network neighbours.

AND THE SOLUTION IS

From: linux - Windows 10 Password Error with Samba Share - Super User

Quote:

The accepted answer is correct, and works for Windows 10 Professional and above. However, Windows 10 Home lacks secpol.msc and its easy-to-use interface.

To fix this on Windows 10 Home, navigate to the following key in the registry:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Look for a DWORD value named LmCompatibilityLevel. If it does not exist, create it. Set the value to 5.

After making this change, I was immediately able to access the Samba server without restarting.

1 Like