9 digit device code

This is rather poor form on WD’s side I must say. Firstly, there was no code as promised in the box. So anyone buying a second hand device will immediately suffer from that red herring based on the screen prompts. Then, there is no way to bypass it! If they know there are people that will suffer issues going from old to new then they should provide clear details.

Somehow - I can see everything on my network and on Twonkey (nice name!) but it’s rather conveluded to a layperson. And why can’t you update the firmware within Twonkey? The files.mycloud interface is shoddy at best and doesnt easily allow for user management or any of these functions either… they need to do more work before nobody adopts.

I miss the old days of a simple install driver and a functional product out of the box

1 Like

@simonm3 Have you visited the Learning Center? http://learn.mycloud.com/

If you have twonky you do not have the My Cloud Home. the My Cloud home does not support twonky. There is no code for the normal My Cloud device. To set up a regular My Cloud to to My Cloud.

Hi,
i ve an old wd my cloud. İt’s R/N: E2C CBCBFA. How can I find my code. Thy

I agree its one big headache

Hi,

Any news for this issue? i was using my cloud os3 and working was fine. I updated to os5 and can not add my device via iphone or ipad. Can not find device or add manually. Because of ios 15 and not have 9 digita code.

My Device: WD My Cloud ex2 ultra

Can you help please?

@bazinga If you have a My Cloud ex2 ultra then you don’t have a My Cloud Home, is that correct?

I have account but even i can login than can not add my device. Not found.

no response?

Many have tried to tell you that you are in the wrong forum and that your device does not have a 9 digit code doesn’t matter which wrong app you are trying to run. Could you try the correct forum by simply going to the EX2 forum? such as this:

okey i can i think nothing will change no one anawer nothing thans a lot.