Z-Wave on My Cloud Pro series

Good morning,

I recently bought a new WD PR4100 (pro series) which offers the Z-Wave Smart Home Gateway. Therefore, I bought a Z-wave Smart Home Stick made for My Cloud by WD.

The first element on the dashboard prompts me to enter the license key, but I’m unable to find where exactly.
Go to the SmartHomeUI and select My Settings > Management > Licence Upgrade and enter the licence key.
There’s no such thing as license upgrade under management
The only place I can enter a code is the App Store Access Token.

I found in forums I could access the Expert page, which gives me a red ribbon with Error handling data from server
When visiting http://wd_ip:8083/expert/#/network/controller
It displays no values for the stick, no button to enter the key or update firmware.

In events page, I found
10:02 | Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Invalid port
Which port should it bind to?

When the usb stick is inserted, it turns blue for 1 second then the led goes off.
I’ve tried connecting it with and without the provided extension cable to the back of my nas.
This is in the dmesg output,
[35018.881013] usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 8 using xhci_hcd
[35019.042321] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[35019.302235] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[35019.561989] usb 1-3: new full-speed USB device number 9 using xhci_hcd
[35019.723227] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[35019.983145] usb 1-3: device descriptor read/64, error -71
(and it continues since I plugged the USB stick)

The software version is 2.20-64 according to MyCloud Apps interface.
Logs say
2016-08-02 10:02:05.937] [D] [zway] SETDATA controller.data.softwareRevisionVersion = “v2.2.1”
[2016-08-02 10:02:05.937] [D] [zway] SETDATA controller.data.softwareRevisionId = “a52a38822b6872f5b9fab0903b30ab65a2c70605”
[2016-08-02 10:02:05.937] [D] [zway] SETDATA controller.data.softwareRevisionDate = “2016-02-18 17:41:33 +0300”

[2016-08-02 10:02:05.939] [C] [i/o] Failed to open device /dev/ttyACM0: No such file or directory
[2016-08-02 10:02:05.947] [I] [core] Notification: critical (z-wave): Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Invalid port

My USB key seems to be bind to /dev/ttyAMA0

Thank you for your help.

Hi, unfortunately I have not tried using the Z-Wave on the My Cloud Pro series, hopefully another user will be able to provide some information.

Thanks, I opened a support case with WD.
I investigated more after this post and it comes down to the kernel module being compiled for kernel v3.* and not the v4.* the pr4100 is running.

insmod /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Z-Way-Server/bin/driver/cdc-acm.ko
insmod: error inserting ‘/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Z-Way-Server/bin/driver/cdc-acm.ko’: -1 Invalid module format
Dmesg
[ 435.241472] cdc_acm: version magic '3.10.38 SMP mod_unload ’ should be '4.1.13 SMP mod_unload ’
uname -a
Linux MyCloud 4.1.13 #1 SMP Mon Jun 20 15:43:11 CST 2016 Build-gitedd560b x86_64 GNU/Linux

Good evening!

I’ll try to wake this thread up again. Cause the problem seems still being unresolved…

Iv’e just bought a PR2100 and get the same error message. I’m running firmware version 2.21.126.
“Cannot start Z-Wave binding: Error: Invalid port”
I’ve tried different serial port devices under active apps/Z-Wave Network Access, without success.

The Stick is a Z-Wave Me uzb (Gen 5). When plugging the stick in, a blu led is lit for approximately 1 second.

I’m also confused about the instruction “My Settings > Management > Licence Upgrade”
There’s no such alternative under Management.

Has anyone found a workaround?

Best regards!

Oh man, WD Support is such a waste of time.
My ticket is open since August, escalating every month or so.
At some point I received an email from the Z-Wave team manager, who told me a firmware update would be ready the following week. That was in November. Since then, he’s AWOL.

I think the fix will need to come from the community, I haven’t had time to do it myself though.
But the idea is to download the latest build environment, with kernel 4.x, and recompile the usb stick driver.
You would think that would be an easy fix for WD’s team…

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry to hear that. Was really looking forward to use this feature. So is my colleague who is interested in buying my mirror gen 2 nas which I’ve upgraded from. I’ll have to tell him the bad news. That in combination with the fact that I’ve invested some money in various z-wave sensors. :frowning:

I wish there was a chance for the community to up vote the priority of this task in wd’s backlog. But perhaps there are to few interested…

So it’s not only a Pro series issue. I got the same error on my mirror gen 2 device. As expected, they are running the same kernel.

Perhaps I’m wrong, wouldn’t be the first time :slight_smile:

I’ve just ordered a new z-wave stick specially made for wd cloud devices . It’s about 3 times the price but worth the risk as I see it. I’ll report back how it works out when I’ve tested it.

Hey Ivar, I did buy the stick made for WD, about 80$… That’s the saddest
part…

Hi again,

It didn’t work, just as gsabbe said.

In the instructions it should be like three simple steps to set this up. I don’t wan’t to hack commands in a linux shell to get this working, i probably couldn’t anyway plus it voids the guarantee.

WD needs to adress this issue asap!

Seems like the z-wave software recently has been updated. Just tried it but it’s still not working for me… But perhaps it’s a little step in the right direction :slight_smile:

I received the Z-Wave team email address, I’m going to give a try to the
update and send them an email…

Hey gsabbe - did you solve the problem with a license key required for using Z-way USB stick with the WD MyCloud Pro?
I have the exact problem with the same stick and with WD MycloudEx2Ultra :frowning:
//M

Hey Martin, I was given a Software image to try, but I haven’t and the Nas
has been powered off since then. I’ll try to fire it up and give it another
try in the next few days.

Cheers

Hi did you have a chance to look at this again? Where should the License key be entered? Can not find anywhere neither in the MyCloud UI or in the Z-Wave UI??
//M

Any luck with this issue. After few year I though they will fix this problem. I guess WD NAS can’t provide support with that. It’s sad.

Did you try this: How to install Domoticz on a Synology NAS - Page 4 - Domoticz
You might need to replace the /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Z-Way-Server/bin/driver/cdc-acm.ko with this module, I just built it for the 4.1.13 kernel:
cdc-acm.pdf (40.4 KB)
Change the .pdf extension to .ko .

I didnt. Thanks for the reply. This link is for symbology will it work on WD? Plus how do I get to this file. Should I use SSH?

Synology and WD devices share quite a bit of “DNA”, so there is a good chance it will work. Also yes, once you login via ssh it will drop you in root’s home directory. Here are the copy/paste directions for using @Tfl’s module.

Step 1 (don’t worry about the “no check” flag, this is needed to download from https due to lack of CA records):
wget https://community.wd.com/uploads/short-url/hGDSv8flhOSX4W9f8toGld1wXj2.pdf --no-check-certificate

Step 2 (you should be able to do Step 2 + 3 in one command but BusyBox can be extremely fussy)
mv 7bf6faa3dc0a07c8f921747b521d184370ff4a38.pdf cdc-acm.ko

WARNING: The next step will overwrite the existing cdc-acm.ko file. It would be possible to get it back, but to err on the side of caution, we can make a backup now.

Backup Step 2.5 (full path names used so that you can execute this command from root’s home but it won’t move the file there)
mv /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Z-Way-Server/bin/driver/cdc-acm.ko /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Z-Way-Server/bin/driver/cdc-acm.ko.old

Step 3
mv cdc-acm.ko /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Z-Way-Server/bin/driver/

At this point it should be a simple matter of rebooting the NAS and using the stick as intended.