Z-wave Stick for WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra, where to enter License key?

I have a WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra and have bought a Smart home stick - “Made for My Cloud by WD” to use with the app from Z-way available in the MyCloud UI. With the stick there is a 8 character License key.

When I start the Z-way app I have two problems

1. I am asked to enter the License key “Go to the SmartHomeUI and select Menu > Management > Licence Upgrade and enter the licence key” - but there is no where in the MyCloud UI nor in the Z-way UI app to enter it??

2. I get an error that seems to indicate that the WD device can not find the stick:
    "An unexpected error occurred while initialising the Z-Wave controller data.Please check
    1.) if the controller is plugged in correctly, IT IS
    2.) that in the app ‘Z-Wave Network Access’ the right port is entered
    (UZB: ‘/dev/ttyACM0’, Box: ‘/dev/ttyAMA0’, UZB-Windows: ‘\\.\COM3’, Z-Stick: ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’, embedded boxes: ‘/dev/ttyS0’ or ‘/dev/ttyS1’) I HAVE TRIED BOTH ACM0 and USB0
    3.) the app is aktiv. If not you could activate it under Menu > Apps > Active or add a new one under Menu > Apps > Local. IT IS ACTIVE
    The Setting ‘Expert View’ needs to be active under Menu > My Settings. IT IS

I am on the latest WD MyCloud Software 2.30.174 and the Z-way app is rel 2.25-62
Anyone in the community with similar problem? Any suggestions?

Thanx

//M

Hi Martin_Kull,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting

To Contact WD for Technical Support

http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support

Create a Support Case
Create a support case with our world-class service and support team.

Did you ever figure it out? I’m in the same situation.

Hi, there

i have the same issue, ican find the option, where i can put the lićense key.

any news about it?

Actually I did - bu the help from Z-wave Europe support:

“Please activate the license via the expert-UI. Just type in the address: IP:8083/expert to enter the UI. Then click on Network > Controller Info > License Upgrade and then type in the license key.”

After some trial and error I could enter the license key and include sensors. However I have given the whole thing up due to the fact that running the Z-way controller app from the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra keeps the disk spinning and rattling constantly. Far too noisy and I guess not good for the disks. I guess a better solution would be to buy a separate controller device :frowning:

I received this response from Z-way Europe support:

“Please activate the license via the expert-UI. Just type in the address: IP:8083/expert to enter the UI. Then click on Network > Controller Info > License Upgrade and then type in the license key.”

After some trial and error I could enter the license key and include sensors. However I have given the whole thing up due to the fact that running the Z-way controller app from the WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra keeps the disk spinning and rattling constantly. Far too noisy and I guess not good for the disks. I guess a better solution would be to buy a separate controller device :frowning:

Thank you very muchy, its working now

po 13. 8. 2018 o 22:36 Martin_Kull wd@discoursemail.com napísal(a):