Windows 10 and drive mapping

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can no longer map a drive to my WD My Cloud drive? Worked fine with Windows 8.1

The WD My cloud software installs fine and I can see everything there? What am I missing?

What am I missing?

That Windows 10 has only been launched today, and may still be riddled with bugs (despite a long, customer beta test programme…)

How are you mapping the drive? With Windows, or using a WD tool?

I’m afraid I’m still using XP, where drive mapping is straightforward…

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-map-a-drive-in-windows/

DigitalKnight wrote:

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can no longer map a drive to my WD My Cloud drive? Worked fine with Windows 8.1

The WD My cloud software installs fine and I can see everything there? What am I missing?

Did your drive mapping not carry over when you performed the upgrade?

When I upgraded one PC yesterday to Windows 10 the drive mapping to the WD My Cloud carried over and was accessible post upgrade. Even commented on the drive mapping carrying over in this thread:  Windows 10 Upgrade Device Manager WD NAS Entry

The process for mapping a drive in Windows 10 should be similar to Windows 7 and 8. It appears there may be now be a “map drive” icon when using File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) in Windows 10 as the following graphic indicates.

Thanks for the reply.

I did a fresh install of Windows 8 and then upgraded to 10 as I was worried about carrying over bugs and garbage/bloatwear.

I did find the “map drive” but it does not seem to like the logon credentials I am using even when I select “Connect using different credentials”

I will keep messing around with it. I must just be overlooking something simple.

used the IP address and it let me map the drive.  \192.###.###.###\sharename

So I am good to go.

Not sure yet why the name of the device is not working but I bet it has to do with network group or something with the network settings…