Win 10 PC cannot access MyCloud PR4100

Win 10 PC cannot access MyCloud PR4100 NAS connected via LAN to router. “Windows cannot access…”

Other computers, when on, can connect to the NAS and I can access files normally.

The NAS is visible to the router and is assigned an IP address. If I enter the assigned address in a browser window, I am able to sign in to the interface.

Network Discovery is turned on for both Private and Public networks. “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices” is checked. “Turn on file and printer sharing” is selected. “NetBIOS over TCP/IP” is selected. I’ve tried turning off firewalls. I’ve performed both a 4-second and 40-second reset.

Help, please!

Cleaned up Win credentials, Can now connect to “Public.”
All others return:
"An error occurred while reconnecting X: to \MyCloud PR4100\Xxx
Microsoft windows network: The local device name is already in use.

The connection has not been restored."

Hmpf. Here’s what works:

1. Set a share profile “On” in “Public”
  2. Access it from File Explorer.
  3. Set that share back to “Off” in “Public” and set appropriate user accesses.
  4. Repeat for each share.

Why? I dunno… Does anybody out there have an explanation?

Oh, well. Only works until reboot of the PC. Only “solution” for now is to set all shares to “Public.”

SMB 1 was enabled for Client, but not server. Once I enabled it for both, I was able to access most of the shares. However, attempting to map new shares, I get error:
mappingerror

Try method 2

No help:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net use
New connections will be remembered.

There are no entries in the list.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net use * /delete
There are no entries in the list.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net use U: 192.168.10.175\Dees /user:admin XXXXXXXX
System error 67 has occurred.

The network name cannot be found.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net use U: \MyCloudPR4100\Dees /user:admin XXXXXXXX
System error 86 has occurred.

The specified network password is not correct.

I tried this:
Created a new share, with a completely new name. Can see the name in File Explorer, but cannot access it . Cannot map it.
CurrentlyMapped

It’s now got me curious. This will be because something on your computer has already authenticated with the NAS as another user, usually a guest, and you can’t have more then one active login to one server.

I agree that it does not make any sense and enabling the SMB1 server should really not have any effect apart from other SMB1 clients on your network being able to authenticate to your laptop.

I would have a look at te following log file within the NAS to see what’s authenticating with it:

/var/log/samba/log.smbd
Thanks.  How do I get to /var/log/samba/log.smbd within the NAS?

Looking at the log visible from the PR4100 interface, I get: