WD2500 Won't work since windows 10 update

After my HP laptop updated to the latest Windows 10 just before Christmas my WD2500 Passport is no longer recognised. It is recognised by my TV and also on my daughters laptop.

The light comes on and I can hear the disk whirling but the light just flashes rapidly.

Originally it always showed before the update in file explorer as F:/WD Passport now It shows as G:/ in file explorer but when you click on it it just hangs.

I have updated the driver in device manager as it shows as WD Passport External under Disk Drives.
I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it.
I have also uninstalled the device, switched off the laptop. switched back on and plugged it back in but that didn’t work either.

any help would be very much appreciated. Is it a bug in the windows update?

Happy New Year all and thanks

1 Like

Hi Nonegeek,

We have sent a message. Please check your Community Message Inbox.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

hey there, I have the same problem with my windows 10 laptop, my WD HD seemed to have lost its connection overnight and nothing I do can find it. i downloaded all drivers on the windows side and the WD side and still nothing. if there is a fix or any ideas, please let me know, thank you in advance.

1 Like

Sorry, can’t help it turned out to be my WD Passport that was at fault. Considering it was nearly 10 years old I can’t complain but I have bought a new one.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Were you at least able to retrieve your data?

1 Like

No I’m afraid I couldn’t, I can view pictures on my TV and play the music on there but I can’t open documents. I admit I was very confused about it working on TV but not on any computer! Luckily it was a back up for my laptop and all my files were still on there.

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

1 Like