WD provides no support for attached MyBook crashing MyCloud

set-up is:
MacBook …wireless … MyCloud ---- USB — MyBook.
±-- Time Machine ------+ ±-----Safepoint ----+

MyCloud plugged into ethernet of wireless router, Cradlepoint MBR1200. Time Machine backup over wireless connection (runs about 3-4 hours for full initial backup). Safepoint is set-up using MyCloud Web dashboard. MyBook is ok – it’s possible to use ssh and tar or rsync to copy files from MyCloud to MyBook.

Per multiple posts on this site, disconnecting MyBook allows time machine to run fine. Attach the MyBook and within a few minutes the MyBook becomes “invisible” to the Mac. Browser access fails. SSH access shows the Apache servers are not running. Reboot command, from ssh will typically fail, and only power cycling the MyCLoud permits a reboot. If the MyBook is still attached, the MyCloud will typically never become ready, i.e., other than SSH no other app/protocol can connect - no browser, no Mac "Connect to Server (afp or smb), no Time Machine.

The failure is so utter and complete and so easily reproducible and so frequently reported, the problem can only be attributed to WD testing incompetence not to have encountered it. And as previously stated, for Support to act as if they never heard of the problem speaks volumes as to their lack of training–just search this topic on this site to see how often it has occurred for others.

I am still trying to determine which of the proposed work arounds might resolve my issue. Here are a few links.