WD Photos not working.. PLEASE HELP

PLEASE can somebody help me before I go stark raving bonkers !!
I have been using a MyCloud (3TB) for a couple of years now, and WAS using WD PHOTOS to view all of the image files on the MyCloud.

UNTIL… ONE DAY IT STOPPED WORKING !! (6 months ago now !!)

I have both an iPhone 6S and an iPad Air which I use to access my cloud, but despite numerous installs of the WD PHOTOS app, I cannot get it to work… Nothing, absolutely nothing.

I have tried all of the usual…

Reinstalling (several times) the WD PHOTOS appstrong text on both devices… NOTHING
Rebooting the MYCLOUD system… NOTHING
Rebooting the internet… NOTHING
Simplifying the photos folders on my cloud, (which are all under the original folder SHARED PICTURES)… NOTHING

Once the app is installed (using the given user code from MYCLOUD), the APP recognises the device and once clicked goes through a ‘FIRST TIME STARTUP’ procedure and then shows the number of images within the recognised local MYCLOUD icon, but I then always get the following message box… ‘UNABLE TO PROCESS THE PHOTO DATABASE

It appears many many others are experiencing this same issue, as a search on GOOGLE throws up many frustrated users suffering similar problems.But unfortunately there appears to be no fix, many suggest clearing the CACHE, but this does not work.

I just cant accept that a company as good as WD is supposed to be, can make such wonderful Hardware, but cant get their software/apps to function correctly. Why are so many people having issues with MYCLOUD, and WD dont seem to care ???

Come on guys, sort this APP out, so that we can all start to benefit from the marvellous products (hardware) on offer from WD

Kind Regards

Gary.

Are these the steps you followed, use this link to view the steps, Error?

cat0w
USA

Unfortunately not as this is not the recommended version of the app for MyCloud… The correct version has the green WD PHOTOS logo…

Although to be honest I have tried both versions.

Gary

Have you tried using the newer, My Cloud app instead?

Hi Mike, its not the MyCloud app thats the problem, and yes I am using the latest app, it’s the PyPhotos app thats causing me grief !

Thanks anyway

Unless the My Photos has features the newer My Cloud app does not have, just stick with My Cloud app. It is what WD is offering, updating, and supporting today. My Photos is their older app.

The my cloud app doesn’t display the thumbs and is useless as a photo viewer, my photos used the work, now it doesn’t and WD don’t care! Useless

This sounds like a personal problem. The My Cloud app sure does show thumbnails and works as a photo viewer on my iPhone and iPad. Although, PNG thumbnails do not display, but the PNG pictures do show. So, photos from my phone and tablet Camera Roll display, as well as photos from my digital camera.

what about photos in the public folder, I’ve had it for years, never had thumbs in Mycloud app, did have them in MyPhotos, now not

My photos are in the Public folder’s Shared Pictures folder in their own sub-folders. Don’t know how to help you further.

I have the same issue. MyCloud DOES NOT show thumbnails for any image files