WD MyCloud drive compatibility with EX2

I have 2 WD MyCloud 3TB servers.

Can I transfer the drives into a driveless EX2?

Hard drive wise, yes…but not data wise. Your My Cloud drives will need to be formatted first, wiping out all data on them, before being able to use them. EX2 and My Cloud don’t have the same OS…so you need to start from scratch.

If this answers your question, please click the star under my username on the left to give me a kudo.

A solution yet no kudo? You could’ve clicked the star under my username for my effort to answer your question…it isn’t that much effort to make a mouse click :slight_smile:

Thanks for the information.  Do the drives have be formatted before physically installing them in the EX2, or will it be formatted as part of the EX2 setup?

2 Likes

Is there a contest ? :slight_smile:

No contest…it’s called courtesy and gratitude. I took the time to answer your question, and you can at least be expected to show thanks by giving a kudo for my answer.

To answer your last question, no, you don’t need to format the drives before putting them into EX2. After you put them in and turn EX2 on, you will have to go to web dashboard’s storage settings, and then set them up with RAID or whatever…it will then format the drives.

Thanks again for the detailed answer.  This question is just my second posting.  Must remember the forum gratutude-protocol in my next posting.  At the rate I am posting, maybe in 6 months.

NO problem. Actually this question was your first posting (not second)…you can click your username (KimTeo) to see all your other post detail, etc. I knew that and that’s why I guided you in my first reply to the specific location of the star so you could give me a kudo. And when you ignored that…that’s when it was a bit of a disappointment. The simplest way to encourage a forum contributor is to give them a kudo - we don’t work for WD, so we don’t make any money off of answering others’ questions. We are here sometimes to find answers ourselves, but most other times, to help a fellow WD customer seeking answers.