WD my cloud slow transfer rate

I have set up everything for my new wd my cloud ex2 and have mapped it as a local drive but when I’m copying a file from my computer to the NAS, the maximum speed I get is around 10 MB/s. I have check all the cables (they were all CAT5e). my routers and switch were both gigabit. I don’t know what might cause the issue at this point. I have done my research and nothing helped so far. here is my set up

Here’s a ticket that I opened up with WD Support regarding a very similar issue… Makes me wonder if it’s a firmware-related bug.

Whenever I attempt to write a file larger than 128 MB to the disk, regardless of configuration, I experience dramatic slowdowns in transfer speeds. All diagnostic attempts succeed without error. This includes Disk Tests (Quick and Full) as well as System Tests.

For reference, here is console output of me attempting to write 32 MB, 64 MB, 128 MB, and 256 MB of data with the device configured for unencrypted RAID 1:

And here is console output of me attempting to write 32 MB, 64 MB, 128 MB, and 256 MB of data with the device configured for unencrypted RAID 0:

In both instances, please note the transfer speed of the 256 MB data write. I experience this issue regardless of access method (iSCSI on Linux, NFS on Linux, SMB on Windows, and most importantly, local to the device itself). I had originally assumed it was a network connectivity issue but with the results above coming from attempts local to the device, I ruled that out.

Also, read speeds do not seem to be affected:

Did anybody find a solution for this yet. Because I have updated my firmware to the most recent one and I still have the same issue.

Yeah, I’m on the latest firmware as well. Haven’t been able to find much info related to this though.

Ok here you go . The setup basically going multiple HOPS unless you give forced Port Forwarding both the router and NAS.

Also see if you disconnect unused PC for testing purpose.

Also connecting the NAS directly to NAS makes sense as Router holds 4 ports. If you want other devices to get Data or push data. It can be possible even when the NAS is connected directly to Router and Switch is connected to router for further Extension of wired devices.

Withing networks it should be a problem in find the UPNP devices.

Keep us posted once you bypass the switch and connect directly to router 2 if possible router 1.

Also what is distance between the router 1 & 2. What kind of Lan Cable are you using. Cat 5E is not meant for 1gbps . You need Cat 6.for pure 1gbps.

I think the issue disappear when I change the raid mode. Now the transfer rate is around 70 Mb/s sometimes it could go up to 100.