WD My Cloud Mac only uploads 512 KB and then stops

Hey @all,

I have a WD My Cloud 3 TB (WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN) with the newest firmware installed.

From one moment to the other, my upload with the WD My Cloud Mac tool stopped working. I can access my drive from anywhere just fine – but if I start an upload it jumps to 512.99 to 512.00 KBs and stays that way without progress. Each time I pause and resume it uploads anotehr 512 KB. Then it stops. If I try to upload a file smaller than 512 KB it works fine. 

This is only when I do it remotly, when I am in the same network the direct smb-transfer works flawless.

Do you guys have a clue :cry: ?

Cheers,

Nik

1 Like

Same here (with the same drive and WD My Cloud SW on a Mac). What is interesting is that this started happening a day or two ago, without any changes to software or configuration on my part.

Same with me,done everything I can think off with cloud and router.

Not sure they get the hours you spend trying to fix it before posting.

The same happens to me. I thought that would be a problem of the internet connection, but is not.
This is crazy. I need to transfer files from my holiday destination to the office, to my own system, I can not.
Please WD, urgent solution is required !!!

McCalps wrote:

The same happens to me. I thought that would be a problem of the internet connection, but is not.
This is crazy. I need to transfer files from my holiday destination to the office, to my own system, I can not.
Please WD, urgent solution is required !!!

I don’t think that WD actively monitor this forum so this should be reported to them via the regular support channels. I have just submitted my support ticket.

Correct, Forums for any company are end-user to end-user support/help/assistance.

For official support, contact them directly over official channels.

Me too!

Mine tends to freeze in 0.9 Gb steps, it’s so frustrating. (Mac Book Pro)

Anyone get anywhere with support?  They are closed at the moment in UK

What is interesting is that this started happening a day or two ago, without any changes to software or configuration on my part.

No software or config changes anywhere? On Mac or MyCloud? I note a common theme (besides MyCloud) here is Mac, and Apple are keen on automatic upgrades (well, on iPad at least, IME)…

cpt_paranoia wrote:

No software or config changes anywhere? On Mac or MyCloud? I note a common theme (besides MyCloud) here is Mac, and Apple are keen on automatic upgrades (well, on iPad at least, IME)…

Hmmm… actually my Macs were updated (although not automatically) to OS X 10.10.5 these days but I can’t remember exactly when this was in relation to when this problem with the MyCloud app started to occur.

I have the same problem, file upload just hung at 512.00KB when I do it remotely. I wrote to WD technical support, and we are still under-going to figure it out. 

When I run Windows 7 on Parrallels Desktop from iMac, the upload process (remote) is smooth.

Same problem here - most probably after updating to OS X 10.10.5

Filed a support case, no reply yet. Stuck in hotel room by the sea, cannot upload any holiday photos or videos…:frowning:

Please let us know if anyone gets any reaction from WD.

Thanks,

Igor

Same problem here - most probably after updating to OS X 10.10.5

Anyone asking Apple why they have broken something…?

Same here!!! stuck on 512 Kb

I have the same problem.  Did anyone figure out the issue?

Thanks,

Fb.

exactly the same problems, it was working last month. but now nothing goes passed the 512k mark. 

Have contacted W.D. support.  Awaiting a response.  

Will try to remember to share.

Fb.

Same problem for me

with a macbookpro i5 and Yosemite 10.10.5

Same issue, got support to reply:

1. email:

Please try to uninstall the desktop application and reinstall it using the link bellow.

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=906&lang=en

While you to that please try to power cycle on the WD My Cloud EX2 (unplug the power for 30 seconds and plug it back into the power outlet).

As an additional step please try to perform a system only restore on the  WD My Cloud EX2 (on the back of the unit you will be able to see a little pinhole that will be above the USB port on the back of the unit, press an hold the reset button for at lest 40 seconds this process will not delete any data on the drive but it will restore all the settings to default).

This did not fix it.

1. email:

Assure the Firmware is up to date on the My Cloud:

How to update the firmware on a My Cloud?    
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10440/

If the issue remains, then I want you to open the Dashboard and go to Settings -> General -> Scroll down to Cloud Access and turn it off. After this go to Utilities -> Device Maintenance -> Reboot, once it reloads then turn Cloud Access On again and have your family test the remote access again.

If the issue remains then it would be good to do port forwarding to your router, in order to do so, please check the article below:

How to enable port forwarding on a network router for use with a WD My Cloud, My Book Live, or My Book Live Duo  
http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8526/

That didn’t fix it either for me, still awaiting a reply

just got this, cannot try now as not at home, can someone try please?

We kindly ask that you reset the device by using a paper-clip or pencil hit and hold the reset button for 42 Seconds

Please note that the LED will flash when the reset has been done correctly.

Thanks for sharing. The offered “solutions” sound to me like they do not have a clue what is going on – none of them worked for me by the way. The question remains if this is a “Mac OS” or a “WD” problem…