• uninstall and reinstall WDmycloud

I hope it helps.

Luka8au wrote:

I’ve tried a few things and here is what worked (yay!!):

• unplug the device for 20 seconds then replug
  • reset using pinhole
  • uninstall and reinstall WDmycloud

I hope it helps.

Thanks for this. What kind of reset did you do, the 5 second or 40 second one?

I am having this uploading problem also since updating my Mac OS last week as well and it’s really aggravating.

I hope that I do not have to do a 40 second reset and set up again as we have many users and shares to configure.

I did the 40 seconds :frowning: (I think I even did a whole minute one)

Bad news: I’ve just noticed that, now, uploads stop at 999MB. Better than 512Kb but still annoying.

Luka8au wrote:

Bad news: I’ve just noticed that, now, uploads stop at 999MB. Better than 512Kb but still annoying.

The upload stopping at 999 mb while using the WD My Cloud app (or software) on a Mac was commented on previously in a separate thread…

File does not transfer after it reaches 999.00 MB.

The solution appears to be not to use the WD My Cloud app or software while transferring files over the local network, rather use the Finder on the Mac.

1 Like

Bennor wrote:

Luka8au wrote:

The upload stopping at 999 mb while using the WD My Cloud app (or software) on a Mac was commented on previously in a separate thread…

File does not transfer after it reaches 999.00 MB.

The solution appears to be not to use the WD My Cloud app or software while transferring files over the local network, rather use the Finder on the Mac.

It worked!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I am not so lucky, as I am accessing the My Cloud remotely using the WD desktop app

Unfortunately in my case the 512KB problem when uploading files via My Cloud app on a Mac still remains. Resetting the drive and/or the router and reinstalling the app on all affected Macs did not help. I have not yet tried resetting the drive via the pinhole.

I did the whole factory pin holes reset and everything, the deleting of the app and reinstalling.

It did not work and was an afternoon wasted on setting up again. 

Any more ideas anyone?

same here… tried the reset, uninstall, etc.  

Works fine on my cloud network but not away from home.

Also cannot open my dashboard via the weblink away from home.

Still no reply from W.D.

:manmad:

Fb.

I use Finder for trasferring files… it Works !   Don’t use WDMyCloud.app …

emilio2907 wrote:

Yes, I also use Finder when on a local network.

But if I can’t use WD My Cloud app when away, that kinda beats the purpose of having the WD My **Cloud**, right? :slight_smile:

case query from me:

"This is the second time I’ve filed a case as my last email sent on the 28th of August still hasn’t been answered/resolved. Searching online I see many people are having the same problem. I haven’t been able to fully use my Cloud drive for >1 month now which is completely unacceptable.

CASE NUMBER: # [Deleted-Privacy] “Hello, when trying to upload files >512kb they freeze at 512 and only restart for an additional 512kb each time I pause and resume uploading. This is a big inconvenience when trying to upload numerous quantity of photos. Please advise on a solution. Thanks and regards, ********.” Please respond A.S.A.P."

Reply this morning from ‘King’ at W.D:

"Dear ************,

Thank you for your reply and update.

Correct, WIFI has strongly and stable connection while the mobile only has half the network function which is not able to connect.

Sincerely,

King

Western Digital Technical Support"

My response to that wasn’t the most diplomatic pre-coffee this morning.

:manmad::manmad::manfrustrated:

Fb.

I have exactly the same problem. I reported this to technical support on the phone this morning, and also complained that previsouly they told me that the desktop app wont work until teh w2go web page was fixed - which seems unlikley to be true.

I also mentioned there were lots of similar compaints in the forums.

They said they will investgate and get back to me.

Lets see what happens. 

dario_oirad wrote:

emilio2907 wrote:

Yes, I also use Finder when on a local network.

But if I can’t use WD My Cloud app when away, that kinda beats the purpose of having the WD My **Cloud**, right? :slight_smile:

You’re right! Excuse my trivial but it is clear that the app won’t work. When I’m away, I use a vpn and finder. All I can do …

I just purchased my drive a week ago specifically for remote cloud uploads of patient xray pics and other documents. I was so frustrating to find out that WD My Cloud does not work doing exactly what it was purchased for - Cloud Drive. It is so frustrating!!! Has anyone found a solution or work around? I have tried everything in this forum but nothing has changed. Thank you in advance.

I raised a ticket with support on this issue, and they asked me to generate a system report form the mycloudmirror. I did this and sent it to them yesterday. I am still waiting for a response. I will post their reply here.

I have tried all teh remidies suggested here such a resent, full reset  etc to no avail. Also I downloaded the new firmware for mycloudmirror (versions 2.10.302) and appart from the interface looking a bit more colourful, it didnt help the upload problems at all. 

Since the whole point of mycouldmirror is to enable you to upload and download your data when away from your local network, this is a pretty fundamnetal bug. I wonder there are not many more complaints. 

I have also raised as ticket. Hopefully somebody at WD will wake up to this issue.

If you can’t upload remotely then it defeats 90% of the point  of having one.

I should have known better! I have always checked on issues before buying most any tech. I guess I figured “Cloud Storage, how hard can it be”. So I will take a small hit on this one. Just got 3 of these last week. Fortunately I only unboxed one. Sending the other two back to Amazon. I was not surprised by the number of returns they have estimated getting back just this month. WD should also be ashamed at their customer service and support on this issue. When I called in, after I had already read all 4 pages of these posts, I got the biggest run around from a Support Group I have ever had (25 years of geek-dom myself, thats saying something!). I kept telling the guy on the phone that all his “fixes” were already posted on the blogs. If any of them had worked do you really think I would be calling. Then to put me on hold for mere 30 seconds, come back and tell me that it was due to the Cloud Website being down. Can you smell it out there? Guess I will wait a little before pushing to get a refund from them for a product that doesn’t work as designed. I already own 2 of their 8Tb Raid Drives. Just wanted something I could access remotely without having to carry around the drives when I travel. What a shame!

Similar problem but mine stops at 999mb then freezes. Still wait for response from WD. With so many people compaining of this problem with no apparrant fix other than don’t use WD software I’m about to give up. Problem is I’m not sure exactly where the issue is. Do I switch from IMAC to PC or WD to QNAP or similar.