WD My Cloud Home killing Wireless Internet Connectivity

This is brief overview of my setup
I have broadband connected to my router (Tp Link WR841n) and has wireless configured
The router is also connected to Gigabit switch (Tp Link TL-SG-1005D) via LAN (LAN port in router to switch)
I’ve my WD My Cloud Home (3TB) connected to that switch. Also my Xbox and PC

The problem,
Whenever I’m connecting my WD My Cloud, the wireless of my router is getting killed. I can connect devices via wifi but none of the devices are able to access internet (sometimes very very slow). The moment I’m removing the LAN from my WD to Switch, everything seems to work fine.

However, the LAN connection is not affected meaning when everything is connected I can access internet on my PC and Xbox with no issues, just that the devices connected via Wifi are not able to open any webpages.

Please help me in resolving them since I share my home with others and they are not able to access the internet if my WD My Cloud Home is connected

I tried Googling and tried the solutions like QoS (Bandwidth control) but no luck !!
I also have a reserved IP for my WD MCH and hence no IP conflict issues as well

I tried with another router ( DIR-600M ), same issue.

Is it because my routers are having 100 Mbps Ethernet ports and the Switch is Gigabit ?? But again how that would kill Wireless Internet connectivity

@davishekwd sent you a private message requesting information.

Thank You

Hi,

I have a much simpler setup, with exactly the same issue. Whenever the WD MyCloud is plugged directly into the router, all Wi-Fi connectivity is lost, or significantly reduced. I am going from receiving 40mb/s on all wi-fi devices to either zero or no more than 2mp/s. Please could you support me in fixing this.

Thanks,

got same problem here, but i found a solution, the problem is the power supply from the cloud it kills the wlan i put some aluminium foil over the powersupply and voila wlan is back!
this needs an replacement from wd how to get a decent powersuply from you?

MFG

Unplugged Cloud ethernet cable from router. Unplugged power from Cloud. Waited 1 minute. Reconnected ethernet cable to router. Then reconnected power to Cloud. Now working. Could probably just remove power from Cloud for a minute and have same result.