WD My Cloud External Drive Continually Dropping off Network

We have a WD My Cloud External Hard Drive connected to the router via WiFi Cable with two PC’s on the network.

One is Windows 7 and one is Windows 10. It seems to NOT show up on the network more often than it does as connected with both OS. It will randomly disappear, you used it and then went back in a couple hours and gone. You can reboot and sometimes it then pops up on the network, but frequently doesn’t.
Using Explorer to view files on it.

You can check after performing the reset operation on My Cloud device. As this will initialize the network path and services. You may follow below link to reset My Cloud device.

What does “connected to the router via WiFi Cable” actually mean? Generally it is recommended to connect the My Cloud directly to the router using an Ethernet cable.

It is an ethernet cable…I wrote it incorrectly. Thanks!

What color is the led on the front of the My Cloud. You can test what color the ed changes to when
the network is dropped. Just pull the Ethernet cable. After a second or so it should change color from blue to either yellow or red. Depending on whether it is a gen1 or gen2 My Cloud. When you plug the
cable back in it will go back to blue. Now when the My Cloud drops off of the network. Is the color Blue? If it is then the problem is not the My Cloud. If it does change color. SSH into the My Cloud
and look at the logs. Or Use the dashboad to upload the logs to your PC and check the logs for network messages.