WD My cloud blinking light

my wd my cloud has a blinking blue light that will not turn solid. tried re-setting, un plugging and just leaving it blinking for days and days and never turns solid?

Can you access the My Cloud? Does the network router list the My Cloud as one of the IP clients in the router’s administration section?

The My Cloud will slowly pulse the front blue led when the My Cloud is in sleep mode.

Are you using AT&T Uverse by chance or have one of the routers mentioned in the following WD Knowledgebase article?

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=15086

I do have att uvers.
The icloud cant find my Wi-Fi.

Because the light is blinking its not ‘ready’ to connect?

I have even tried totally moving the icloud to just a power plug no network to see if I plug it in the blue blinking light will turn solid and its still just blinks med-fast speed no a slow blink.

The workaround for the AT&T uVerse problem is to connect the My Cloud to a network switch, then connect the network switch to the AT&T uVerse router/gateway.

The My Cloud must be connected to the local network using an Ethernet cable. The My Cloud does not have or use WiFi. Make sure to connect the MY Cloud to the local network router or network switch using an Ethernet cable.