WD Firmware and Problems (v04.04.02-105) typically

Latest firmware (v04.04.02-105) has resulted in Safepoint /s no longer working for many of us and I am told “wait for next firmware update” whenever that is. This whole situation is ridiculous, WD do not take their responsibilities to us seriously, we paid good money for a NAS system to supply a Backup and a Media Server.
For me the WDMC has produced multiple instances of my attached usb3 HDD used for Safepoints and they tell me to start again with a new Safepoint without assurances that it will not repeat once I have done so. In fact I am told to delete the existing Safepoint, does that delete it entirely, they don’t say.
I THINK THE STANDARD OF SERVICE IS DISGUSTING, NO APPOLOGY,NO WARNING SENT TO USERs, JUST A COMPLACENT ATTITUDE THAT THEY WILL FIX IT— EVENTUALLY.
To add insult to injury, there are not any TAGS for TOPICS for:- Service or Reliability or Firmware or Safepoints available as I make this posting.

1 Like

There are several other threads that cover the safepoint / external USB drive issue. See the following post for one work around.

Another recent thread.

I have the same S.H.I.T Problem. WD go on and fix that Thing ! Its not a good bussines and advertising for your Company. i d`like to say People should not buy WD anymore!

I do not understand why WD continue to have this firmware available once they knew of this problem. Something is wrong with WD that needs fixing, their attitude is too complacent when problems occur. Someone at WD needs a swift kick up the a----.

1 Like

This has been the way things are since the introduction of the MY Cloud back in late 2013. Also every firmware has the potential of ruining everything one has done to their data … especially on the GEN 1 My Clouds. I have not updated to OS3 due to the issues I have seen here and throughout searching “Google”. I can not afford the risk. Yes, I have safepoints to another MyCloud and there lies the dilemma.

This statement was prevalent throughout the previous forum that WD had. It has not changed and probably will never change. I only assume that WD’s focus is now the the GEN 2 models and those of us with GEN 1 models will fall by the wayside, not much different than the past anyway. I have had my issues with WD Support and actually the last one, just about a month ago, was really rude to be honest. Don’t ever give them a bad review when they ask for it by email … you will pay the price. The issue I originally asked for help with is still an issue, but I was told 2 different things by 2 different people (and I have the emails to prove it)… and guess what, it is still an issue.

1 Like