WD EX2 ULTRA problem after Firmware Update

It was either the firmware update or a poweroutage the day after. Since then, my EX2 Ultra fails to load the firmware and for this it can’t be accessed at all. It will not connect to the Network neither will it optain an IP address. I tried the 40 sek. reset, but it did not fix the problem. The blue operation LED is blinking all the time, nothing happens. Even if I remove both HDD, the two LED show “okay” for Diskstatus ( blue LED are permanent, operation LED blinking) . Any suggestion how to fix this ? I found instruction how to boot from USB but I don’t understand if/how this can work when the EX2 is not accessible from my PC. Is it possible to prepare a bootable Stick which will boot, from which the EX2 will boot when it is inserted in one of the 2 USB ports of the EX2 device (I think this would require that default boot sequence is USB first) ??? Sorry for my poor english, but I hope you understand the issue. Thanks in advance, I hope someone can help.

Hi quinoman,

The device may be performing the file system check due to which the device is not in ready state. You can refer the link given below and follow the instructions given.

1 Like

Get the latest app for free at Appvalley app download

Hello James,

Thank you so much your guide. It was really help me to slove my probilem.

https://appvalley.one/