Blinking Red Power & Drive LEDs

I’ve had my EX2 running for a couple of weeks with the original firmware, but a few days ago I noticed I was unable to access it.  When I looked at the drive itself, the Power LED was blinking red and the two drive LEDs were also flashing red/blue.  I’m unable to access the drive via the app on my Mac desktop.  So I tried via my browser by using the IP address. I then got a message that the firmware was corrupted and I should download the new firmware.  It provided the link and a space to upload the firmware once it was downloaded right in the browser window.  I downloaded the firmware and hit apply, but all I have is a spinning circle thing and it’s been over half an hour.  How long does it usually take to update the firmware? How else can I repair my drive?  Any help would be appreciated.

Firmware update typicaly finishes within 4-5 minutes.

You should contact WD tech support about this issue. They offer free phone support for first 30-days, which you are well within and email support after that.

I’m experiencing the same phenomenon. Have you found a solution? Would highly appreciate!

I called and spoke to WD and tech support was unable to help.  They suggested that I send the unit in and they will send me another, which is what I intend to do.

i also had the same thing happen after latest update but after a few attempts to manually restore update the loading circle started to count up, update got to 100% then it failed to verify firmware  now the box just flashes blue light . and i am unable to reach safe mode dashboard to retry firmware, help to resolve this would be gratefull i have alot of data i need to access. :frowning:

paullee1974 wrote:

i also had the same thing happen after latest update but after a few attempts to manually restore update the loading circle started to count up, update got to 100% then it failed to verify firmware  now the box just flashes blue light . and i am unable to reach safe mode dashboard to retry firmware, help to resolve this would be gratefull i have alot of data i need to access. :frowning:

Contact WD support…for situations like these, there’s very little other users can suggest to help.