WD Elements 4TB not working on my MacBook Air after MacBook forced reboot

After my MacBook forced itself it reboot, my Hard drive stopped working / acting strange. won’t show up, have to restart several times before it shows up, which was annoying but I at least was able to use it! but now the LED it burning but the drive doesn’t spin, disconnected maybe 1000 times, and restarted 100 times, even a complete factory reset doesn’t solve it. so I’ve lost 500 GB on files! anyone that’s able to help me?

Hi JelleLavrijssen,

It seems like the drive has gone bad and you should replace it under the warranty period.

Please refer to the link given below in order to know how to get an RMA to replace a defective product.

Also, is the drive showing up in disk utility?

Mac hard drive may get corrupt due to several reasons, including malware attack, bad sectors, File System damage, etc. When the Mac hard drive gets corrupt, it starts exhibiting operational issues, such as volumes may become inaccessible, disk cannot be read, throwing errors, or may even fail to boot. However, you can try the below DIY methods to fix the corrupt Mac hard drive:

1. Use ‘diskutil’ to Verify & Repair Corrupt Volume
  2. Use ‘fsck’ Command to Repair Corrupt Volume
  3. Restore Lost Files from Time Machine Backup
  4. Recover Files with a Mac Disk Recovery Software

Hope it will help!