WD Red not recognised by mAC

Hi There,

I have 3 WD Nas hard drive (red) and one of them is no more recognised by my Mac. I have tried to connect it also with the quick port which is working with the others External Drives, same cable, but still no solution.

Could anyone help me?

Hi hnavajas,

The drive might have gone bad. you can refer to the below mentioned link to get the drive replaced if it is under warranty.

Moreover, you can contact WD’s technical support from the below mentioned link to get further assistance.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.

What??? That means I lost all my work on the drive??? Something you are suppose to have as a back up and failures? I just CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!

Werkdagen: woensdag tot vrijdag, van 9uur tot 17:30uur

www.helennavajas.nl

HELEN C F NAVAJAS

Is your drive visible in disk utility? If it doesn’t appear in Disk utility, try it with different computer either Mac or PC. If not then it might be damaged or dead.

Hi hnavajas,

I’ve sent a message. Please check your WD Community Mail Inbox.

Brandon,

I find it unacceptable that a disk of 3TB just stoped being recognised by the computer. And I find unacceptable that until today you have not send any troubleshooting so far.

How can that a disk that you buy (not cheap may I say) just stops working? So that means that all the photos I have there I just lost it??? Does that mean the disk just gone bad? Out of no reason? The disk has 1 year.

The huge feeling that I have now is to never buy from WD again. I have other Lacie disks that never gave me trouble and now this disappointment. It is unbelievable.

And no, the disk cannot be seen in another computer.