WD DX4000 Sentinel Recovery Disc

Well, new Flash drive “scan’d” recreated the recovery USB ok…still getting the error. Any direction available :wink:

Also, I never is “Windows is loading” I get;
STARTUP
INITIALIZING…
INITIALIZING OK
LOADING RECOVERY
RECOVERY INITIALIZING
RECOVERY STARTED At this point I do the"Next"
Server found
RECOVERY STARTED “Next”
Selected RESET TO FACTORY do not delete data even though there isn’t any data.

Looks like the progress bar gets to about 80% before the error. is it The Flash drive? one of the posts from Gramps shows version 1.7.6.21 which I have not found ;-(

Here’s the last part of the log;
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 220] ImageProcessingCallback (C:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-shell32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22728_none_d52693c4761e71da\shell32.dll) WIM_MSG_ERROR 1392
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] ERROR: WIMApplyImage for wim file [E:\os.swm] to target path [C:] with flags [2] failed with error 1392.
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] Cleanup
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] WimApply failed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] Reset failed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] BeginResetThread - backend Reset failed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] Reset completed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/01/2017 23:02:39 538] Exiting BeginResetThread

"#1 you HAVE to have a download that comes with a checksum to make sure it is a good download

"#2 I would reset data

fwiw I think you can use the iso you have and then upgrade the firmware

hash files can be found here
https://web.archive.org/web/20150106111753/http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1601&sid=162&lang=en

ok, any idea why the hashes don’t match ;-(

Strange, I tried downloading at a different, faster location and the hashes still don’t match ;-(

Is this the link you are downloading? Do the two downloads you have Hash’s match each other?
http://download.wdc.com/sentinel/PANAM_SvrRecovery_1_7_5_17.iso

I have downloaded from different links. using the link that you gave the included the hash #'s and the one I got using Hashtab_v6.0.0.28_setup.exe didn’t match. I haven’t tried comparing two downloads to see if they match.

So, I did download your last link and got the same hash numbers…

I just noticed while look at the recovery log and seeing the file the recovery was looking for there. I did a scan. and while it said it found errors and place them in a folder called “Found” that folder wasn’t there. I did notice that the some of the contents were corrupted. Did I see a post about flash drive issues?

My recovery attempts seem to be dying when it tries to use the os.swm file. anyone have a hash of this file.

try a different thumb drive? You are using a download that had two hashes to match?

Yup, different drives and different brands ;-(

would you by any chance have a hash value for that os.swm file?

what version of the iso do you have? If the ISO matches the swm file should be good.
You said you bought multiple on ebay. Have you tried a diff box? Perhaps the ram or other is bad

1.7.6.17 I tried the 1.7.6.21 from a link WD Support gave me, but that one got the dreaded 0xD9 right away. I down loaded the 1.7.6.17 multiple times and (while the hash doesn’t match the one on the WD website) get the same hash each time for the 1.7.6.17. This unit while functional had a 2TB drive from the approved list plus a 2TB and 1TB seagate drives. Removing those two and putting in a duplicate approved drive did not get the unit to migrate to Raid 1, but booted and was working. I guess I could try another using. I have one more coming. May be I’ll try backing that one up and use the backup to restore to this one. What ya think.

While I’m running thru another recovery on another unit, i was nosing around another USB drive and was wondering if one could edit the whitelists and add other drive :wink:

Well, other unit…got the exact result;
[01/05/2017 01:50:42 66c] Progress 73
[01/05/2017 01:50:49 66c] Progress 73
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 66c] ImageProcessingCallback (C:\Windows\winsxs\wow64_microsoft-windows-shell32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22728_none_d52693c4761e71da\shell32.dll) WIM_MSG_ERROR 1392
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] ERROR: WIMApplyImage for wim file [E:\os.swm] to target path [C:] with flags [2] failed with error 1392.
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] Cleanup
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] WimApply failed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] Reset failed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] BeginResetThread - backend Reset failed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] Reset completed with hr = 0x80070570
[01/05/2017 01:50:52 504] Exiting BeginResetThread