WD Drive Utilities not running diagnostics

I have a fairly new My Passport for Mac that I’m having issues with (potentially due to Mac going to sleep while drive was still connected; source undetermined), and while it won’t show up in the standard Disk Utility, it is found in System Information (under Hardware > USB) and more to the point it is recognised by WD Drive Utilities.

To try and help determine the issue I want to run some sort of check on it, and while all 3 diagnostics/check buttons are enabled (i.e. not greyed out), upon clicking any of them nothing happens. No pop ups, no unresponsiveness, just nothing.

I’m running the latest version of the software (2.1.1.127) on Mac OS Monterey (M1 chip). According to System Information the My Passport version is 10.31.

Any idea what might be going awry?

Hi @JonnyRay,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Disk Utility is a native disk management application in macOS that helps manage internal or external hard drives and quickly resolves Mac’s drive problems. Use Disk Utility to access First Aid, Partition, Erase, Restore, Mount/Unmount, or Info. To launch Disk Utility, navigate to Finder > Go > Utilities > Disk Utility. Or else, when your Mac is undergoing startup problems, launch the tool from the Recovery mode to repair disks (by using First Aid) or format the startup disk.

Thanks for your suggestion, @Keerti_01. I’ve sent a support ticket now.

@Jose2020 I think there might be a misunderstanding - I can access Mac’s Disk Utility fine, however, I’m unable to use the aforementioned drive, nor am I able to use WD’s Drive Utilities to see what is wrong.

I have a WD My Passport doing the exact same thing. Did you ever find a way to access it or should I consider the drive corrupted?