WD Dashboard can't see external SN570 SSD

I’m using a WD Blue SN570 installed into an external enclosure connected to a macbookpro, running windows 10 via bootcamp . When I install WD Dashboard and run it, the dashboard does not see the external dirve. The drive is working as expected (with a slight caveat) and windows does indded see the drive and mounts it ok (except for the caveat). So does that mean that WD Dashboard can only run on devices installed as a boot drive, or is there something genuinely wrong here.

And as for the caveat …

I have only had this drive for less than a month and up to now it has been working ok. Then suddenly during a file copy, the device stopped working and windows reported an error with the device. The issue with WD Dashboard occurred even before the errors reported on the SSD, so I don’t think its related. Ideally, I would use the Dashboard to view the status of the SSD, but alas I can’t at the moment, until the problem with the Dashboard is resolved.

Furthermore, since I also have Samsung SSD (870 Evo Plus) I am also using the Samsung Magician software. It does indeed detect the SN570, but does not attempt to run anything on it, because its clearly not a Samsung drive. So if Samsung’s Magician software can detect the SN570, then why can’t WD Dashboard?

1 Like

Dashboard does not officially support any third party external enclosures at this time. The reason Dashboard might not detect the device is that the enclosure might be changing the identifying information from the device in some way, which would cause it to not be presented in Dashboard. Dashboard only presents devices it recognizes as Western Digital products.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for that info. I’ll have to return the device for a refund as I need to use an SSD as an external device with accompanying disk managemant software. Again, I’ll mention it’s weird that Magician does recognise SN570 but its own software WD Dashbaord can’t. This really just shows up WD for producing half baked software packaged up with a set of excuses.

1 Like

Same issue with me ,except i am on windows 11,when i am using CABLET ssd enclosure with WD SN570 500 GB nvme ssd , any fix got yet? WD should update both its ssd firmware & Dashboard software to correct this bug or incompatibility to detect ssd when used with any enclosure

Where you able to return it?

I have a Seagate external hard drive connected to my computer, and I’ve installed the Seagate Dashboard software to monitor and manage the drive’s performance. However, when I launch the Seagate Dashboard, it fails to detect the external drive. Despite this, my computer recognizes and functions with the drive without any issues. Am puzzled by why the Seagate Dashboard, designed specifically for Seagate drives, is unable to recognize and interact with external hard drive. I’m seeking assistance to understand the problem and find a solution to make the Seagate Dashboard work effectively with drive. Thanks in advance
Touchcric