WD Black SN750 slow

Hello everyone.

I installed my WD Black SN750 1tb today. The promised reading averages 3000MB / s.
I only get half this value, in this case, 1500mb / s

What can I be doing wrong?

I have support for M.2 PCIe x4 on the motherboard (TUF H310M-PLUS)

On SSD drive, you can try to align partitions, which can speed the SSD reading and writing performance.

I did what the explanation recommends and it is aligned.
The speed continues, but thanks!

You might consult the MB’s manual make sure your M.2 socket isn’t being shared with a SATA port that you might have a drive connected to. Page VI at the very bottom has this in BOLD type:

When a device in SATA mode is installed in the M.2 socket, SATA_2 port cannot be used.

Hi,

Yes, I thought of that. I have nothing sharing other entries.

Thank you!

Your sequential read speed and random read speed are almost equal. Because seq reads should always be faster than random reads, I conclude that your speed is limited by your PCIe bus.

If you remove that bottleneck, then you should experience faster seq read speeds than random read speeds.

Try adding a 4 lanes M.2 to PCIe card to put your NVMe drive in.

(This one works good and costs little.)

1 Like

Hi,
I’m having low throughput in my SN750 500gb in a Dell Latitude 5490. It this notebook´s bottleneck or a defective unit?

@sbrissia, you can see in Dashboard screenshot that you are only getting 2 out of a supported 4 lanes on your PCIe connection. That will affect the speeds you see on the drive, and almost certainly has to do with your laptop. You should do more research into your laptop to confirm how many lanes are available on your M.2 slot, but I suspect you will confirm that only 2 are available in your current configuration.

1 Like

@LostLinuxGuy Thanks for indication; according to dell, in latidude notebook only H processors support 4 lanes - mine is 8250U :frowning:

My other notebook was a dell XPS, wich support 4 lanes.