WD Apps in WD Discovery

I recently purchased a My Cloud Home Duo. I set it up and got WD Discovery running with no problem. WD Discovery installed easily enough. But it includes optional WD Backup, WD Drive Utilities, and WD Security software. None of them works.

WD Backup starts to install and then says it cannot find a backup target drive. It does not find my My Cloud Home Duo.

WD Drive Utilities and WD Security install successfully. But when I try to run them, they too do not find the My Cloud Home Duo.

I reached out to the live chat help, which tried to tell me that none of these applications included in the My Cloud Home Duo Software is compatible with the My Cloud Home Duo. It doesn’t make sense that a product’s software is not compatible with the product. Can anyone help resolve? Thank you.

Angie

1 Like

@TheRealAngie WD Discovery includes the the Desktop App which is used for My Cloud Home. WD Discovery also supports WD DAS products such as My Passport and My Book USB drives. The app software available in WD Discovery, Drive Utilities, WD Backup and WD Security support the USB DAS devices.