WD 2go fail to view shares

We have a MyBookLive on our network and want to access it from outside the network (home, etc).  I have set up Remote Access, done the Port Forwarding in the router, and sent out the Remote Access emails so folks can login to WD 2go and get access.  However, when they try, they get all the way through to the IE window showing the drive, where they can click the ‘View Shares’ tab … which takes them to the next screen where they can put in the password to access the drive … then the screen goes blank for a second and it comes up with a failed screen which says “We were unable to return you to the page you were viewing” and other stuff.  Also a little warning popup at the bottom of the screen says “A problem with this webpage caused Internet Explorer to close and reopen the tab.”

Wassup?  Can’t find this in the knowledge base or the community anywhere.  Anyone have an idea of what’s going on and how to fix?

See pics.

Oh and yes, Java is enabled. 

What type of firewall or internet security>?

Did you try to connect with the firewall and antivirus disabled? 

I kept having problems because by default I use IE9 64bit.  I had to use 32 bit IE9 before mine would work.

1 Like

Thanks!  That worked.  Never occurred to me that that could be a problem.