Viewing on Android

Like a previous post,I bought My Cloud Home to replace WD My Cloud. But I can’t open or view, any of my documents on my Android tablet. With the old one I could. I can only download them, which I don’t want, as I just want to check the transactions, on my bank statement, for example, not edit.The whole point of my wanting the drive was to view/ open, on my tablet. WD Support told me it’s not possible, but the website says it is, although the instructions don’t work.Must I replace it with something else? Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi @Hunter9light,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Yes,another technician more helpful,but it looks as if my Libre Office files will have to be saved in Word /Excel format to be opened by WPS Office, rather than opened in Open Document Reader which I usually use, as there’s no option given to use it.Very time consuming to change all my documents, and a nuisance…pdf files open alright, and media with VLC. But it’s financial and other documents I want to open and view on my tablet, and occasionally, on my phone.