Version of Transmission in WD My cloud EX2

Dear All,

I have installed Transmission in EX2 quite some times, the version is 1.05 and never get me to update the apps.

Please don’t paste me the link to guide me to user manual page 100 which is guide you how to update the apps, i tried it and it’s just NOTHING. 

It’s v2.84 when i search in Transmission official website, how can i manually update it?

1 Like

Hi there,

I have not tried this, lets see if another user can share tips and information on this matter.

Noticed the same, but in my case

NAS interface says still v1.05 while the ‘About’ page on the Transmission shows v2.77.

But still not up to date.

Anyone has the suggestion?  My newly bought EX2 has this same issue.

Unfortunately as I know there is not an easy way.

However, from the post here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Cloud/APP-Transmission-v2-84-for-firmware-V4-12-2014/td-p/770207

It looks like promising since I don’t think the firmware between My Cloud and My Cloud EX2 would be too big.

I haven’t tried yet, but plan to when I have time. I’ll update if I got it working.

Thanks

Hi!

You can try to install the new version of Transmission manually, using:

ln -sf /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.../new_transmission /var/www/new_transmission

Using this, I have successfully installed Joomla 3.4.4

User_BE wrote:

Noticed the same, but in my case

NAS interface says still v1.05 while the ‘About’ page on the Transmission shows v2.77.

But still not up to date.

Version 1.05 is WD app version number that WD use Transmission V2.77

Don’t try to update the new Transmission version from it website since WD has not test and configure it for WD NAS boxes.

Tried this, didn’t work :(. Can WD support please build a Transmission 2.84 package.

1 Like