Using encrypted USB drive with WDMycloud

Hi. First time posting here. I have a WDMycloud NAS device, although I don’t know what model it is (I see things like EX2 and EX4 here, never seen those terms on my drive). The sticker on the bottom says P/N WDBCTL0040HWT-10. Firmware version is 2.41.116. I’ve been using two 4TB USB drives plugged into the USB port (one at a time) to make offsite backup copies. That’s been working pretty well, but I’d like to encrypt those drives for secure offsite storage. I encrypted one using BitLocker on Windows 10, but when I plug it into WDMcloud, it doesn’t recognize it, and I can’t find any way to enter the bitlocker password. Would upgrading my firmware to OS 5 allow me to use the encrypted drive?

Thanks!

Hi @rodak,

I would like to inform you that the Bitlocker is a third-party application. Please contact Microsoft support.

Please refer to this link for more information: Use of Third Party Software or Websites

So what encryption type does WDMycloud support, if any?

Hi, I have the same request, have you got any update from the support or have you tried with success any kind of solution?
Thanks

Nah, I gave up long ago.

Thank you very much for your prompt update