User does not have permission (403) help?

HI THERE AM LOOKING FOR A BIT HELP I OWN A WD MYCLOUD 2TB . IT WORKS FINE ON WIFI . BUT SOON AS I SWICTH TO MOBILE DATA I GET THE ERROR (USER DOES NOT

HAVE PERMISSION (403) . TRIED UNINSTALLING THE APP RESTARTING MY CLOUD IN DASH BOARD . EVEN SYSTEM RESTORE SETTINGS STILL GET THIS ERROR . IVE READ A

LOAD ON THE WEB ABOUT THIS PROBLEM BUT NOT SEEN A FIX YET COULD SOME ONE PLEASE HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM THANKS

Heading

If you are trying to access the Dashboard UI on a My Cloud from outside your network you’ll get that error message. That’s by design.

Have you set every thing up in the Dashboard? Do you have Cloud Access enabled? Did you give the device you are trying to use to connect access? See image below. Click, tap or activate image to enlarge it.

cat0w
USA

Yes all settings are correct . Even rang wd on the phone . They could not under stand it but like I say it works fine on WiFi . But soon as I connect it to mobile data 4g. I get this

User does not have permission 403

I wonder if your mobile phone provider is blocking something that’s required for remote access?

For example, the NAS I got I can wake-up from a shut-down by sending to it something called a magic packet to it. and on WiFi I can do this. My router does loop-back so if I send the same magic packet to my Public IP address then it’s treated as traffic from outside the local network and still wakes up the NAS.

If I try to do the same, but this time through the mobile phone provider’s network., the magic packet does not get through to the NAS and it does not wake-up.

Another question. IS your router allowing VPN connections to originate from your local area network?

On my router it’s called VPN Passthrough:

What kind of phone and plan do you have?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and my plan has unlimited talk, text and data.

cat0w
USA

Just thought ad let people no it’s down to o2 mobile data … when you get message user does not have permission 403 … so changed network provider to ee now it works were ever I go on mobile ee data… so that means o2 are blocking it for some reason

1 Like

It is down to O2 Mobile Data, but there should be no need to change network, try checking the O2 Access Point Name in Mobile network settings and change it to O2 Mobile Web (mobile.o2.co.uk). Mine had somehow reverted to a Pay & Go setting, but worked perfectly after doing this.

Hi everyone,

If you got to the stage cat0w described above (Connection status: Connected - Port Forwarding Connection Established )

then it is working, it’s just down to your APN (Internet and MMS Settings) in your phone.

For example I am on a Tesco plan, which uses o2 APNs, the easiest way to rectify is to contact tesco, they can change your APN settings you will be able to access your cloud over a mobile data connection.

Took Tesco the best part of a minute to sort out on thought their chat client.

Cheers

hi,
what were the settings that were changed, do you have a full list of your current settings. I tried to get my tesco APN changed but they were unable to make improvements as they were unaware of the problem.

cheers

Hi All,

I had the same problem using Tesco Mobile and despite calling them, they were unable to resolve it. I did manage to solve it however by changing the APN name (in settings) from “TESCO Mobile” to “O2 Mobile Web” and re-starting my 'phone. I can now access my My Cloud device using mobile data. I don’t know if this will have any knock on impact on my 'phone but everything seems to be working fine so far.

Hope this helps if others have the same problem with Tesco Mobile.

GJ