USB safe point crash

Hi guys

My problem with wd my cloud:

I made a safepoint via usb on a external hd-drive.

Everthing seems ok…and everthing is going ok including daily, weekly backups until i do not disconnect the drive physically this drive and the usb-cable.

When i disconnect the usb-cable with the external drive and reconnect it later, the cloud does not respond anymore.

I had to disconnect the external drive and to restart totaly the wd my cloud whithout conncection (usb + ext. drive)

I can only reuse the external drive when i reformat it and if i make a new safepoint again. But i a disconnect it again…everything begins again.

Greetings from Switzerland

Mike  

Apologies if I’m asking the obvious … are you “ejecting” it properly? One method is available using the Dashboard - upper right set of 3 icons - click on the one immediately to the right of “logout”

Unfortunately it happens in both ways:

• disconnect manually

or

• disconnect via WD quick view

I will try i now via the DASH BOARD (but i dont found the icon, i have only the possibility to disconnect it correctly) 

The problem happens only via external drive on witch i had stored a safe point.

Otherwise i can connect every drive (usb sticks etc.) manually and everthing works.

I have my USB hard drive continually attached.

here’s a screen shot of the upper right hand portion of Dashboard (using Ubuntu Linux and accessing with FireFox)

|

dashboard.jpg

What are your safepoint settings regarding frequency? Possibly turn auto update off.

First, thank you for your aid!

Now i made a new safe point to my newly formated external HD via USB

And then i disconnected it via menu in the my cloud dash board.

Then i disconnected it manually and reconnected it manually…but no effect. Everything was blocked. I needed to restart my cloud without the usb-external drive.

I can read the content of the external drive normally when i connect it directly to my laptop but via my cloud…never.

So the question remains: How to to a safe point on a external HD, disconnect this drive manually or via menu…and refind it afert a manually reconnection of the external HD.

Why do i have this problem: I make a backup one time per week but i dont want have connected the external HD (online) during the whole time.

Hopefully a learned community member will have an answer for you. As I stated I leave My Book Studio always connected to My Cloud.

Regards,

Pete